What Personal Information About Customers Does PlanetDJ.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at PlanetDJ.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store most information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through PlanetDJ.com; make an Auction bid or purchase; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or PlanetDJ.com Chat; and provide and rate Reviews. As a result of these and other actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, e-mail address and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses PlanetDJ.com. Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; PlanetDJ.com purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Hottest Sellers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at PlanetDJ.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: We may occasionally send customized promotional email communications, either relevant to orders you have placed or regarding our products in general, but only to those who have opted to receive them. Also, any time you receive a promotional email, you will receive instructions on how to prevent receipt of any further promotional emails. You will need to do this for each e-mail address that you would like to have removed. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from PlanetDJ.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are very small alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to a file on your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits, storing a record of recent items you have browsed, and other personalized content.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of PlanetDJ.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Users without cookies enabled with have limited functionality, and will be unable to place orders via the web. If having having cookies turned on is a problem, please call us toll free at 877-435-4327 and place an order with a sales representative.
Does PlanetDJ.com Share the Information It Receives?
PlanetDJ.com does not sell, give, trade, share, or otherwise disclose such personal information to any third parties, except as required by
law or in one of the following exceptions:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of PlanetDJ.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you will be able to exclude yourself from any further such mailings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Planet DJ, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of PlanetDJ.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PlanetDJ.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security: How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Our SSL is the industry standard and among the best cryptography software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your sensitive information, including your credit card number, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
- We reveal only the last four or five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
PlanetDJ.com may give you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with PlanetDJ.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information, the list of which will change as our website evolves. Examples of information you may be able to access at PlanetDJ.com may include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings; product recommendations (including recent product view history, and prior order history); and shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists).
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of other PlanetDJ.com features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, we gladly honor such requests. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of PlanetDJ.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- You may choose to explore products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site.
PlanetDJ.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use PlanetDJ.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit PlanetDJ.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Nevada. If you have any concern about privacy at PlanetDJ.com, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will attempt to resolve it.
Your continued use of this site signifies your assent to
to modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please
check this page periodically for changes.
Last updated: March 16, 2005