The Z4 and Z8 are the world's first 24bit/96kHz hardware based samplers. Designed for professional audio production, the Z series samplers offer all the advantages of dedicated hardware plus the interface power of ak.Sys PC/Mac control and networking software.
To this extremely potent mixture we've added flexible realtime performance control via the Q-Link knobs on the front panel making the Z4 and Z8 unique in the hardware sampler market.
At the heart of the new Z series is our new custom designed LSI sampling engine which, coupled with a high performance Intel Strong Arm CPU provides ultra fast audio processing.
All these features put together make for an extraordinarily versatile instrument which is perfectly suited for both studio and live applications.
The Z4's four Q-Link knobs can be separately assigned to allow flexible realtime performance control of a wide variety of selectable parameters including level, pan, filter cut-off and resonance, start offset, effect send, tuning and more. Control of an entire program or a sound assigned to a single keygroup is possible.
Each assignable Q-Link knob can generate MIDI controller data so that all performance information can be recorded and played back from a sequencer.
A USB slave port allows direct connection to a PC or Apple Mac for use with our highly acclaimed ak.Sys software which has been developed to work with the new Z series.
This graphically rich remote control and networking solution provides complete Program and Multi editing. ak.Sys also allows you to transfer files between your sampler(s) and your computer for efficient organisation of sound library, etc., and for speedy communication with your favourite computer music software.
The intuitive nature of this computer based interface means the Z4 and Z8 are easy to manage and since all the DSP processing takes place in the sampler, they relieve the strain on your computer allowing it to run efficiently while simultaneously using other audio applications.
• 24-bit/96kHz operation (*)
Q-Link knobs for realtime performance control
Automation of commonly performed sampling functions such as normalise and sample assignment
• 36 resonant filter types with special 'Triple' mode
• New 24bit/96kHz 4-channel effects processor (**).
• Quick FX for rapid sound manipulation (**).
• Capacity for up to 512Mb on board SDRAM using off-the-shelf memory
• USB host/slave connection - use off-the-shelf • USB keyboards for easier naming and USB drives.
• ak.Sys software for computer control over USB
• Dual independent LFOs with internal and external modulation control and MIDI clock sync
• Balanced analogue I/Os providing full 24bit/96kHz A/D and D/A conversion.
• Sample rate conversion. (**)
• Choice of analogue or digital assignable multiple outputs.
• Sound Library compatibility with a wide range of Akai and other formats.
• FAT32/DOS disk format and .wav implemented as native format.
• .AIFF also supported using Mac ak.Sys.
|New - On Clearance|