All items sold by Planet DJ are warranted solely by the manufacturer. All items needing repair should be sent to the manufacturer directly for service. Planet DJ is not liable if the manufacturer fails to perform warranty service.
THERE IS NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON ANY ITEM SOLD BY PLANET DJ
Planet DJ will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damages resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise purchased from us, or by not receiving the merchandise in a timely manner. Planet DJ's liability is limited to the monetary value of the merchandise.
Rebate information is provided for informational purposes only and does not promise or imply eligibility to receive the rebate.
At Planet DJ, we want you to be happy with your purchase. We recognize there are times that once a product is received, it may not turn out to be exactly what you needed or wanted. So unless otherwise noted herein, you may return any qualifying item within 30 days of the delivery date. After 30 days of the delivery date, all sales are final.
The Return Process
Our customers are required to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) to return any product. For expedited service, 24/7, please log in to your account and request an RMA, providing as much detail as possible and whether you would like to return for refund or exchange. Once your RMA has been approved, we will email you the RMA.
Please note: any and all items returned without a pre-authorized RMA number will not be accepted. All returned merchandise should be shipped pre-paid insured. Be sure to use UPS or another carrier that can provide you with a tracking number for your return. Planet DJ will not be held responsible for returns that are lost or damaged in transit.
Planet DJ reserves the right to refuse any returns that are not returned according to the guidelines that are shown herein. All returned products must:
- Have a valid RMA number;
- Include ALL original packaging;
- Not have packaging that is written on or defaced in any way; and
- Be in their original box with the UPC code still attached (if applicable), unregistered, without missing, damaged or altered serial #s
or the RMA will be revoked and/or the item refused, at our sole discretion.
Returns are inspected at our warehouse upon receipt. After a product technician in our returns department receives, inspects, and approves the return, a refund will be issued for the amount of the original purchase price, less shipping charges and a restocking fee. (For items ordered under our Free Shipping Promotion, the shipping charges that were incurred on our behalf will be deducted from the refund amount.) A refund or exchange is typically processed within 1 to 3 business days, however processing time may vary depending on daily return volume. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Return Policy Guidelines
- No product returns will be accepted more than 30 days after date of shipment.
- No product returns will be accepted for non-returnable items. If a customer sends back a non-returnable item, no credit will be issued for the return of the product. The customer will be responsible for shipping charges going back to the customer.
- We are not able to accept returns on damaged merchandise that was not inspected by the customer at the time of original delivery and not reported or claimed within 48 hours of receipt. If a customer signs for a delivery and does not report any damage to the shipping company or to us then it is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping company to recoup any damages.
- Please note that we are only able to process returns and refunds for items purchased from Planet DJ.
- No credit will be provided if a customer returns a product to us without an RMA number or without setting up a return with us first.
- If a customer refuses merchandise that was to be delivered to them without going through our return process to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), then the customer will be responsible for both the return shipping charges and the original shipping costs incurred by Planet DJ. Planet DJ will also charge a 15% Handling Fee and treat the refused shipment as a general return as defined in this policy.
A defect implies an imperfection in workmanship for what the item was designed for. For your convenience, customers within the contiguous U.S. will be issued a printable, pre-paid shipping label for defective returns. Once we receive your return and have verified the defect, we will exchange the defective product for a brand new one or issue a refund should you choose to decline a replacement. All items are inspected (serial numbers as well) and thoroughly tested by a technician upon arrival back to Planet DJ. Products returned as defective or "dead on arrival", but which after inspection are found not to be defective, are subject to a minimum 20% handling charge and the customer will be fully responsible for all shipping costs, including return labels sent for items.
Unfortunately, due to the time and expense involved inspecting and processing a return, all returned merchandise is subject to restocking fees, regardless of condition, as outlined below:
- Non-defective merchandise that is returned for refund in an unopened, resalable "new" condition is charged a 5% restocking fee ($5 minimum.) This can often be reduced to 0% when the returned merchandise is exchanged for merchandise of equal or greater value at the time of the return.
- Non-defective merchandise that is returned for refund in an opened, resalable "like new" condition, that is in their original box or packaging, including all packaging material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and accessories is charged a 15% restocking fee ($5 minimum.) This can often be reduced to 10% when the returned merchandise is exchanged for merchandise of equal or greater value at the time of the return.
- All non-defective merchandise returned in opened, "not new" condition, or showing excessive wear, or with missing contents or packaging, or with the return address or other writing on the product box, or with the product box taped closed with duct tape, will incur a minimum 25% restock fee (as determined by our cost of replacing missing items, including a processing fee for this labor-intensive process) or even have the RMA revoked and/or the item refused, at our sole discretion.
Reasons for Restocking Fees
- Administrative costs associated with processing & handling a return
- Product technical inspection and verification
- Re-boxing of merchandise to manufacturer's standards
- Repair of packaging that is defaced with writing, marker or tape
- Cost recovery for products that have missing parts, instructions or packaging materials
- Cost of restocking the product and adding it to inventory levels
Items that are Non-Returnable
While we maintain a very liberal return/exchange policy and try our best to be as accommodating as we can, there are certain items that simply cannot be returned for very specific reasons. Unfortunately, these exceptions are necessary.
- Merchandise with missing, damaged or altered serial #s.
- Merchandise with the UPC code removed from the product box or packaging.
- Fluids, cleaning supplies and care products cannot be returned once opened because their contents may have been compromised.
- Personal items (i.e. microphones, earplugs, in-ear monitors, talk boxes, etc.) and any other items that touch your mouth, nose, or inner ear cannot be returned once opened due to health and sanitary reasons.
- Books (and any other printed materials), videotapes, CDs, DVDs, vinyl, sample libraries, style disks, sound expansion boards, sound cards, and software (which may also include hardware bundled with serialized software) cannot be returned due to copyright law.
- CD-R, CD-RW, minidisc, FlashROM, or any other media cannot be returned due to the possibility that they could be used.
- Accessories and replacement parts (i.e. crossfaders, power supplies, lamps/bulbs, cartridges/styli, slipmats, raw frame speakers/diaphragms, electrical parts, bulk cable, carpeting, gobos, clothing/apparel, knobs, etc.) cannot be returned due to the possibility that they could be used.
- Items that would not normally be stocked (i.e. discontinued items, closeouts, clearance items, etc.) cannot be returned unless defective.
- Special order items are 100% guaranteed to be free of defects by the manufacturer. Since these items are specifically ordered for you, they cannot be returned. For any problems with a special order item, please contact the manufacturer directly.
- Planet DJ Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are redeemable for merchandise only. They may not be returned, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Return Policy for Leases
Orders purchased and funded via "leasing" are considered to be a final sale, as the leasing companies hold the purchased products as collateral. Be sure you know the exact equipment you want to order beforehand, as once a "Lease" transaction has been finalized, we are unable to make any changes to either the items or quantities.
Planet DJ does not pay any postage (incoming or outgoing, taxes, duties and/or brokerage fees) on international returns, exchanges or defective item replacements. All transportation costs, including taxes, duties, additional charges, VAT and/or brokerage fees will solely be the buyer's responsibility.
Promotional Items and Rebates
Any product that is returned without the promotional item(s) included with the original transaction will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the refund amount, including gift card offers. This also includes the value of our Free Shipping promotion. Any product that was purchased when a mail-in rebate was available on the purchase is subject to having the amount of the rebate deducted from the refund amount. Any product for which a mail-in rebate has already been submitted is ineligible for return.
Refusal of Shipment
If a customer refuses merchandise that was to be delivered to them without going through our return process to receive an RMA# and Return Authorization, then the customer will be responsible for both the shipping cost to send the package(s) to the customer and the shipping costs incurred by Planet DJ to have the package(s) shipped back (returned) to us. We we will also charge a 15% Handling Fee to cover the additional costs of processing of the order.