Our new generation of ACT-Series subwoofers are the ultimate solution for low frequency sound reinforcement. These innovative active subs deliver deep, rich, chest pounding bass.
At the heart of the ACT subwoofers is our award-winning 1200-watt class H amplifiers. The overbuilt amp design includes a compressor / limiter, subsonic filter, phase switch, stereo XLR inputs and both full-range and high-pass XLR outputs. The built-in 18dB/octave electronic crossover provides 70Hz, 100Hz and 140Hz settings allowing you to perfectly match your top cabinets to this subwoofer.
What sets the ACT-18V2 apart is its ability to ALSO power the passive ACT-18SV2 subwoofer using the Neutrik' output on the amplifier panel. Get one active and one passive - connect them together and feel the walls shake!
• 1200-watt RMS Class H amplifier
• 800 watts RMS @ 8 ohms
• 1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (ACT-18V2 & ACT-18SV2 connected)
• Frequency response: 30-140 Hz
• Built-in 18dB/octave electronic crossover with 70Hz, 100Hz and 140Hz settings
• Subsonic filter: 24dB/octave @ 30 Hz
• Built-in compressor / limiter
• XLR balanced inputs
• XLR balanced FR & HP outputs
• 0-180 phase switch
• Neutrik' speaker output (ACT-18V2)
• Full thermal & short circuit protection
• Oversized convection cooled heatsink for worry-free operation
• Power requirements: 115V/230V 60/50Hz
• Made in the U.S.A.
• Superior grade 13-ply Baltic birch plywood
• Carpet finish with tilt-back handle & 3" casters
• 16-gauge perforated steel grille for maximum protection
• Steel pole-mounting cup
• Dimensions (W) x (H) x (D): 24" x 32.5" x 22"
• Weight (lbs): 117 lbs
Active powers the passive
The ACT-18V2 (active) subwoofer is designed to power an additional passive subwoofer (ACT-18SV2). The passive subwoofer has the same physical dimensions as the active model. Connecting them together increases the available amp power from 800 to 1200 watts. An additional 3dB SPL boost is achieved if subs are placed near each other.
B52 ACT18V2 Active 1200-Watt 18" Subwoofer, Carpeted Reviews