The 1960 INFINIUM features true Class-A technology with a 3 x ECC83 front-end and 4 x EL34 tube power stage. A masterfully crafted all-tube amplifier, the V55 provides sweetly-balanced harmonics and natural tube compression, resulting in the warm distortion and break-up you've come to love about those treasured British amplifiers of yesteryear.
The hand-selected ECC83 preamp tubes in 1960 INFINIUM's classic 60s-era preamp provide everything from sweetly-purring blues to mindblowing crunch. The mighty EL34 power tube is typically used in high-end guitar amplifiers because of its greater distortion characteristic at lower power than other output tubes - and the 1960 INFINIUM harnesses every last drop of that power to awesome effect.
Our revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology is like having your very own technician inside your amp constantly monitoring and tweaking tube performance for the ultimate in tonal integrity and reliability. This revolutionary circuit not only optimizes the performance of each output tube, it dynamically balances the drive between them to more evenly distribute the load. With INFINIUM, your tubes last up to 20 times longer, saving you substantial money over the lifespan of your amplifier. INFINIUM also compensates for the effects of aging, automatically adjusting current levels to keep your tubes sounding as good as the day they were installed.
If and when a tube does reach the end of its life, the system even tells you which one to replace. All you need do is replace the faulty tube and let INFINIUM take care of the rest for you. This all adds up to more consistent sound quality and longer life for your tubes. Maintenance for tube amps has never been this easy!
• Hand-built all-tube amplifier driven by 4 x EL34 tubes with a monstrous output transformer (now fully compatible with 6L6 and 5881, etc.)
• Two preamp channels with 4 input jacks perform in separate, parallel or cascaded operation, bridging the tonal eras of the '60s, '70s and '80s
• Vintage hot-rodded preamp mod from the early '80s featuring 3 x ECC83 tubes for terrifying tone and classic hi-gain
• Revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology:
• Extends the life of your amplifier's expensive power tubes up to 20 times
• Provides incredible reliability and consistent tone over the complete lifespan of your tubes
• No need for expensive matched tube sets
• Allows you to mix and match any combination of compatible tube types and brands
• Monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective tubes to allow for easy and individual replacement
• Post-phase splitter Master control with true bypass for authentic performance
• Original '60s tone control section with Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence
• FX Loop with dedicated Level switch and true Bypass function
• Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
• High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
• 3-Year Warranty Program
• Designed and engineered by BUGERA Germany
But the 1960 INFINIUM has one feature that distinguishes it from all other amps in its class the two channels come equipped with 2 input jacks each that be used separately, in parallel or cascaded to evoke the spirits of '60s, '70s and '80s rock n' roll royalty. For example, you get classic rock sound by plugging into the upper left input, putting CH1 + CH2 in parallel (same as using a patch cable between them), or you can use the upper right input for a vintage CH2 sound. The upper left and right inputs can also be used individually to bring two independent signals to CH1 and CH2. The lower jacks provide series (cascaded) operation for Classic Hi-Gain (CH1 + CH2). Individually, the lower right jack can be used for -6 dB gain, while the lower left jack provides normal high-impedance gain. The 1960 INFINIUM provides an incredible array of tonal options!
The 150-Watt, 1960 INFINIUM possesses vast quantities of British rock n' roll attitude - with a splash of incredible versatility thrown in for good measure. And thanks to our INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology, you can experiment with a wide range of output tubes to create your own signature sound - in fact, you are free to mix and match them to your heart's content - thanks to the 1960 INFINIUM's auto-biasing feature.
|New - On Clearance|