• Hand-built 120-Watt hi-gain amplifier driven by 4 x 5881 tubes (now fully compatible with 6L6 and EL34, etc.)
• Classic split channel preamp design (Clean, Lead) featuring 3 x ECC83 tubes for 90's metal rock tone
• Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb controls for each channel
• Revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology:
• Extends the life of your amplifier's expensive power tubes up to 20 times.
• Provides incredible reliability and consistent tone over the complete lifespan of your tubes
• No need for expensive matched tube sets
• Allows you to mix and match any combination of compatible tube types and brands
• Monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective tubes to allow for easy and individual replacement
• Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence controls
• Power switch to select between pentode or triode (60 Watt) operation
• FX Loop with dedicated Level control
• Frequency compensated Recording output
• Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and Reverb included
• Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
• High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
The 1990 INFINIUM features true Class-A technology with a 3 x ECC83 front-end and a 4 x 5881 tube power stage. A masterfully crafted all-tube amplifier, the 1990 INFINIUM provides excellent 90s-style rock tone and natural tube compression, resulting in the outrageous distortion and break-up that launched America's grunge revolution.
The hand-selected ECC83 preamp tubes in 1990 INFINIUM's 90s-era preamp provide a raucous metal tone, for everything from sweetly-purring blues to mind-blowing crunch. The mighty 5881 power tube is typically used in high-end guitar amplifiers because of its greater distortion characteristic at lower output levels than other power tubes - and the 1990 INFINIUM harnesses every last drop of that power to awesome effect.
Our revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology is like having your very own technician inside your amp constantly monitoring and tweaking tube performance for the ultimate in tonal integrity and reliability. This revolutionary circuit not only optimizes the performance of each output tube, it dynamically balances the drive between them to more evenly distribute the load. With INFINIUM, your tubes last up to 20 times longer, saving you substantial money over the lifespan of your amplifier. INFINIUM also compensates for the effects of aging, automatically adjusting current levels to keep your tubes sounding as good as the day they were installed.
If and when a tube does reach the end of its life, the system even tells you which one to replace. All you need do is replace the faulty tube and let INFINIUM take care of the rest for you. This all adds up to more consistent sound quality and longer life for your tubes. Maintenance for tube amps has never been this easy!
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|