• Designed by renowned acoustic icon Keith Klawitter, founder of KRK*
• Advanced Waveguide technology creates ultimate acoustic dispersion and extremely large "sweet zone"
• True bi-amping mode with 2 separate amplifiers for ultimate sound reproduction
• Ultra-high resolution, 1" silk dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
• Long-throw 8" woofer with deformation-resistant glass fiber cone
• Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation
• Separately controlled limiter for low and high-frequency overload protection
• Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA connectors
• High-density composite enclosure for ultra-low diffraction and reduced low-frequency distortion
• "Planet Earth" power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power
• 3-Year Warranty Program**
• Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Why Studio Monitors are so Important
The goal of a great studio monitor is to present an accurate representation of your mix, so you can tell how well it will translate to the diverse listening environments and systems of today, such as car stereos, club sound systems, radio, portable digital music players and others. The remarkably-fl at response of the NEKKST K8 allows you to work with the complete confidence that your mixes will "play" accurately on these systems and to your audience at large.
Bi-Amplification - The Path to Absolute Signal Integrity
With its 150 ultra-clean Watts of output, delivered through separately powered drivers via a true bi-amping mode with 2 amplifiers per speaker, the K8 delivers high-resolution sound that really brings out the best in your music. You will notice that most competitors apply simple passive crossovers, which not only inaccurately separate the frequency spectrum, but most importantly impact the drivers' performance. BEHRINGER has gone the extra mile, driving each woofer and tweeter with a separate amplifier for absolute signal integrity.
The ultra-linear, 150-Watt reference-class NEKKST K8 was designed by renowned acoustic icon and founder of KRK, Keith R. Klawitter - a man who has devoted much of his life to the quest for the "perfect" loudspeaker. The K8 features Keith's advanced Waveguide technology for the ultimate in acoustic dispersion, which generates an extremely large "sweet zone" for easy and optimal monitoring. A true bi-amped system, an ingenious crossover design and separate amplifiers are utilized for high and low-frequency signals, providing superb sound reproduction from the long-throw, deformation resistant, glass-fiber cone woofer and pristinely-accurate, silk-dome tweeter. The NEKKST K8 not only satisfies seasoned engineers and producers, but makes audiophile-level sound accessible to both home and professional recording studio applications. Keith Klawitter wrote the book when it comes to modern studio monitors, and to quote the monitor-master, "This is my best work yet!"
The ability for a studio monitor to adapt to a wide range of acoustic conditions is of paramount importance, and the NEKKST K8 delivers extreme versatility in this arena. K8's rear panel features switches for adjusting high and low-frequency response, compensating for varying room attributes, or for pairing with a dedicated subwoofer. Independently-controlled limiters protect both the woofer and tweeter against overload.
Connectivity and Compatibility
Since a monitor's output is only as good as its input, the NEKKST K8 includes a servo-balanced front end and accepts XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA connectors for extremely-flexible connectivity. The high-density composite enclosure guarantees ultra-low diffraction and reduced low frequency distortion.
The audiophile-grade NEKKST K8 is the ideal tool for crafting mixes that translate perfectly across the widest possible spectrum of audio playback devices. Thanks to Keith Klawitter's custom engineered bi-amp system driving an Advanced Waveguide-mounted 8" glass-fiber woofer and 1" silk-dome tweeter, you get deep, tight bass with virtually smear-proof mids and sparkling highs - all in an extremely generous sweet spot! With the K8's comprehensive suite of options and features, this audiophile-grade monitor delivers, no matter what your listening environment.