The uber-simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound's vital signs at a glance. After flipping the Main switch, the Power LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as Clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also Signal LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
Accelerated Transient Response Delivers the Knock-Out Punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone fast enough to match a bass beat. That's called Transient Response and it's the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, the EP4000 reacts instantly to even the most demanding bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
We've Got Your Back
The rear panel of every EUROPOWER EP4000 sports an array of options to help you get the most out of your amp. The built-in Clip Limiter automatically senses when the amplifier is being driven into "clipping" and momentarily reduces the input level to avoid distortion. This all happens in mere micro-seconds, making it the ideal way to ensure perfect sound all the time.
Stage vibrations, mic thumps and wind noise can cause ultra-low frequency sounds, or infrasonics - and while technically inaudible, they can be a real drain on power resources. As a solution, the EP4000 features a defeatable Low Cut Filter that eliminates frequencies below either 50 or 30 Hz (depending on your PA system's capabilities) - for better sonic performance, as well as the ultimate in loudspeaker protection. The rear panel also contains the Stereo or Bridge (mono) mode switches.
There are lots of awesome features on the outside of the EP4000, but this amplifier's beauty goes much more than just skin-deep. Inside you'll find industry-leading components, such as world- class Toshiba/Fairchild power transistors, and a custom-designed, high-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and further reliability. Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects both the amplifier and your speakers. The exhaust fan, visible on the back panel, is the final stage of an internal back-to-front cooling system that keeps the comfortably EP4000 within its normal operating range. Finally, an impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis protects your investment from the rigors of the road.
The Legend Powers On
The EP4000 builds on our incredible legacy as one of the world's premier power amplifier builders, and our proprietary Accelerated Transient Response (ATR) Technology ensures you will get all the power and punch - when you need it! With an amazing 4,000-Watts of output power, the EP4000 is the perfect amplifier for a wide range of the most-demanding audio applications. Try one today, and find out why the EUROPOWER EP4000 is admired by professionals every - not just for performance and durability, but also the astoundingly-affordable price tag.
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
• 2 x 2,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms; 4,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
• ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
• Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
• Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
• Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
• XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source
• Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
• Selectable low-frequency filters remove damaging infra-sound frequencies
• Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
• High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
• "Back-to-front" ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
• "Built-like-a-tank," impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
• High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
• Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany