The reference-class MDX4600 is a marvelous 4-channel Expander/Gate/ Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX4600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, and Low-Contour filter to provide the ultimate in signal enrichment. Put simply, the MDX4600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
Audio Dynamics Toolkit
Here are just a few of the MDX4600's outstanding capabilities:
• Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
• Enhancer lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail without raising overall volume
• IGC (Interactive Gain Control) combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
• De-Esser "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
• Side Chain allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specifi c frequencies also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
• Stereo Couple links and channels, allowing dials and switches of Channels 1 and 3 to provide dynamics control over Channels 2 and 4, respectively (true stereo processing)
The MDX4600 features amazingly-accurate, 8-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and " Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 takes up just a single rackspace.
Behringer MDX4600 Features• Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
• IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
• Switchable dynamic Enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
• IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
• Switchable Low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
• Stereo couple function selectable for channels 1/2 and 3/4
• Separate 8-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
• Selectable operating level (+4 dBu/-10 dBV)
• Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with " TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
• 3-Year Warranty Program*
• Designed and engineered in Germany
The incredible MDX4600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features the MDX4600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows and an absolute "must-have" for your studio! Check out the MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 at your BEHRINGER dealer, or place your order online today.
Behringer MDX4600 MULTICOM PRO XL 4-Channel Compressor/Expander, New Reviews