What is a MIDI Controller?
Simply put, a MIDI controller gives you the power to take command of any hardware device or software that understands MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface). This means that MIDI-addressable effects processors (such as delays, reverbs, etc.) and audio recording and editing software can be controlled with a single piece of hardware, a MIDI controller. This can be very handy indeed when you have lots of devices spread out all over your studio or workstation space. The MIDI controller sends a control message to the device or program you're using that turns notes on and off, adjusts the volume or changes any one of many addressable parameters.
21 assignable controllers and 16 user presets
When it comes to remote control, the UMA25S offers more real-time options than the competition. You get 8 knobs, 8 buttons, 2 wheels (Pitch Bend & Modulation), 2 pedal ports (Expression & Sustain) and 1 fader, for a total of 21 assignable controllerstotal control of your operating environment. Once you've assigned the parameters for a particular scenario, simply store it in one of the 16 available preset locations.
Here are just a few reasons you need a UMA25S:
For playing external sound modules, rack synthesizers and virtual instruments
For editing sound parameters of synthesizers, sound samplers and GM/GS/XG sound generators
Controlling parameters on eff ects devices and software plug-ins, such as eff ects processors, compressors and digital equalizers
Remotely controlling software mixers (functions for volume, pan, mute, etc.)
Remotely controlling transport functions (Play, Fast Forward, Stop, etc., which is also known as MMC, or MIDI Machine Control) on sequencers, hard-disk recorders, drum machines, etc.
Live control of volume and sound parameters of sound modules on stage
Functionality, Functionality, FunctionalityThere are some things that just bear repeating. Besides providing 25 velocity-sensitive keys for the slickest set of glissandos and the snappiest arpeggios, the UMA25S also functions as a full-fl edged USB audio interface for recording and podcasting. This powerful interface features a built-in mic preamp with dedicated Gain control, a Phones Output with its own dedicated Volume control and stereo RCA I/O jacks for connecting external devices. The interface is so versatile, it even allows simultaneous recording of the Mic and Line inputs.
Speaking of recordingBecause you'll want to take full advantage of the UMA25S' podcasting and recording potential we've included a massive software package including Audacity, Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear.
You're ready to go live on your PC or Mac computer right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and over 50 effects plug-ins, making the UMA25S a complete mobile studio from input to output.
Three different power supply options
Because it needs to be ready for action in a variety of venues, the UMA25S can draw its operating power from any free USB port on your PC or Mac computer, 3 AA batteries or the optional external power supply. No matter what your performance calls for, the UMA25S is the ideal solution.
• Stage performer and producer keyboard featuring 25 velocity-sensitive, full-size plus half-action keys
• Built-in USB audio interface to connect your instruments and mixer to your computer for recording and playback
• Powerful multi-platform digital audio workstation software energyXT2 Compact BEHRINGER Edition included
• Audacity audio editor, comprehensive podcasting software and over 100 virtual instruments plus more than 50 effect plug-ins included
• 21 assignable controllers storable in User Presets: 8 knobs, 8 buttons (with transport-control option), 2 wheels, 1 fader and 2 pedal ports
• Advanced control features such as drawbar mode (control inversion), drum triggering, incremental value step and octave +/-
• Soft gig bag, high-quality headset and guitar strap for direct live jamming on stage included
• Plug and play with Mac OS X, Windows XP and Vista operating systems; additional low-latency driver included
• Separate MIDI output allows controlling external samplers, synths and other equipment • Runs via USB bus, batteries or power adapter (not included)
• High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
• Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|