• Compact 8-track digital recording studio with intuitive BOSS-style operation.
• Uses 128MB CompactFlash media (included) for over 60 minutes of recording time.
• 8-track simultaneous playback; 64 Virtual Tracks (V-Tracks) for recording.
• Programmable Rhythm Guide drum track with Tone Load function.
• Insert/Loop effects with COSM Guitar Amp
• Modeling and Bass Simulator, plus new wah effects, guitar synth and Harmonist.
• New dedicated track EQ for all 8 playback tracks.
• Instrument/Hi-Z Instrument input, XLR and 1/4-inch Microphone inputs, plus stereo RCA Line input.
• USB port for .WAV/AIFF file exchange with PCs; S/PDIF digital output and built-in microphone and battery power for recording any time, any place.
The BR-864 is not only BOSS' smallest 8-track recorder, but it's also our most affordable. With 64 Virtual Tracks, there's plenty of room to track multiple overdubs, vocals and instruments. A 128MB CompactFlash card comes standard, giving you over an hour's worth of high-quality recording time.
Easy USB File Exchange and Data Backup
A built-in USB port makes it easy to import and export audio with USB-equipped computers. Now you can load and convert .WAV/AIFF files from your Mac or PC directly into a track, or export your song for CD-burning and MP3 creation. The USB port also makes for a great way to archive and backup recordings to your computer's hard drive.
A World of High-Quality Effects:
Thanks to COSM modeling, guitarists can plug right into the BR-864 and get killer tone every time. Simply choose from several COSM Amp Models and you'll sound huge. There's even a Bass Simulator that lets you lay down bass from a guitarplus several new effects like wah, guitar synth and a Harmonist for scaleintelligent pitch shifting.
Rhythm Guide Redux:
The Rhythm Guide function has been beefed up considerably for the BR-864. First, BOSS added full programmability, meaning you can tap in your own drum patterns in addition to the dozens of great-sounding presets. A new Tone Load function lets you add custom drum sounds by importing .WAV/AIFF files. Best of all, the Rhythm Guide doesn't use any of the 64 recording tracks, so you still get eight playback tracks and drums.
While anyone can benefit from the BR-864's portability and power, guitarists in particular will appreciate having a dedicated Hi-Z input and onboard tuner. There's also a Phrase Trainer function that lets you slow down riffs, making them easier to learn. And since the BR-864 runs on batteries, you can take this little 8-track studio anywhere.
• Dimensions: Width 322 mm 12-11/16 inches Depth 225 mm 8-7/8 inches Height 69 mm 2-3/4 inches
• Track 8
V-Track 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 8 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
• Data Storage: Useful Capacity CompactFlash: 32 MB to 1 GB
Data Type HiFi (MT2), STANDARD (LV1), LONG (LV2)
Sample Rate 44.1 kHz
• Recording Time: HiFi (MT2) 16 min/ 32 MB, 32 min/ 64 MB, 65 min/ 128 MB, 130 min/ 256 MB, 260 min/ 512 MB, 520 min/ 1GB
STANDARD: (LV1) 19 min/ 32 MB, 39 min/ 64 MB, 78 min/ 128 MB, 156 min/ 256 MB, 312 min/ 512 MB, 624 min / 1GB
LONG: (LV2) 24 min/ 32 MB, 49 min/ 64 MB, 98 min/ 128 MB, 196 min/ 256 MB, 392 min/ 512 MB, 784 min / 1GB
* The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
* The above number is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the eight r tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/8 of the above.
• Input: Nominal Input Level GUITAR/BASS : -24 dBu
MIC (Phone/XLR) : -44 dBu
LINE : -16 dBu
Input Impedance GUITAR/BASS : 1 M ohm
MIC (Phone/XLR) : 8.9 k ohm (HOT-COLD), 8.2 k ohm (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)
LINE : 15 k ohms
• Output: Nominal Output Level LINE OUT : -10 dBu
Output Impedance LINE OUT : 2 k ohms
HEADPHONES : 147 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance LINE OUT : 20 k ohms or greater
HEADPHONES : 8 to 50 ohms
Residual Noise Level LINE OUT : -85 dBu or less
* INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/BASS, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: Center, IHF-A, typ., Effect: off)
• Interface: USB connector
DIGITAL OUT (optical type)
GUITAR/BASS (1/4" phone type)
MIC (XLR, 1/4" TRS phone type)
LINE IN (RCA pin type)
LINE OUT (RCA pin type)
FOOT SW/ EXP Pedal (1/4" phone type)
HEADPHONES (Stereo 1/4" phone type)
• Power Supply:
Power Type DC 9 V; AC Adaptor (PSA series), Dry batteries x 6
Current Draw 200 mA
Dry battery (R6(AA)type) x6
Demo Card (CompactFlash: 128 MB)
AC adaptor (PSA series)
Foot Switch (FS-5U)
Pedal Switch (DP-2)
Expression Pedal (EV-5, FV-300L)
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|