Welcome to the EV EKX-15P active speaker! This 15" powered loudspeaker features off the Electro-Voice sound quality, durability, and modern technology that EV fans have come to know for years. The EKX-15P is a compact unit, designed for live sound, nightclub applications, mobile musicians, and DJs, and is perfect for those performing in venues of many different sizes.
The EKX-15P is driven by EV-engineered components, which have undergone massive research and development over several years. Pair up the beautiful sound of Class D amplifiers with the EV QuickSmartDSP and the work is done for you, giving you the coverage you need and the sound quality you want, even at higher SPLs. The EKX series was designed as work horse built to last, and the wooden enclosure utilizes the famous EVCoat, keeping your speakers looking as amazing as they sound.
EV EKX-15P Features
• Best in class processing completes the QuickSmart DSP, a single-knob controlled interface with easy to use and read menu navigation on an LCD screen.
• Get up to 134 dB peak SPL from the efficient 1500-Watt class D amplifier, with high-sensitivity transducers that were both designed and engineered by Electro-Voice audio professionals
• Let your EKX-15P survive difficult environments with intelligent thermal management. A variable-speed fan is operated by several onboard sensors for maximizing your speaker's performance.
• Get ultimate and accurate coverage every time with EV's patented SST (Signal Synchronized Transducers
The compact 15-mm wood enclosure is finished with EVCoat for both looks and protection
Eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and metal handles let you take and set up your EKX-15P almost anywhere.EKX-15P Specifications
• Maximum SPL: 134 dB (Measured at 1 meter)
• Power Consumption: 1.8A
• Power Rating: 1500 Watts
• Frequency Response (-3 dB): 55 Hz - 18 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset
• Frequency Response (-10 dB): 48 Hz - 20 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset
• Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) H: 90 Degrees
• Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) V: 60 Degrees
• LF Transducer: EVS-15M 381 mm (15 in)
• HF Transducer: DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
• Crossover Frequency: 1.7 k Hz
• Connector Type: (1) Stereo RCA input, (2) XLR/TRS combo jack, and (1) XLR link output
• Enclosure Material: 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
• Grill: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
• Suspension: (8) M10 threaded mounting points
• Height: 26.97" (685 mm)
• Width: 17.01" (432 mm)
• Depth: 16.89" (429 mm)
• Weight: 53.9 lbs
For the best in both sound design and physical design, the EKX-15P powered speaker from Electro-Voice is a clear favorite.