The AR-PRO can handle loads totalling up to 30 amperes as long as the input voltage is equal to or above 120V (low range) or 240V (high range). For voltages below that level, its capacity must be derated at approximately 250 mA per volt.
Because the AR-PRO requires no switching to discriminate between a nominal 120V or a nominal 240V source, it can protect against a catastrophic error in AC mains wiring (for example, in live performance situations, where each act requires a special AC configuration, accidental connection to 220V occurs surprisingly often). This feature also makes the AR-PRO ideal as a component of a power distribution scheme suitable for worldwide use, accommodating national voltages of 100, 120, 220, 240, or others with equal ease and without need for readjustment.
The AR-PRO uses a design based on a 25-tap toroidal autoformer. The toroidal design assures minimal leakage of stray magnetic fields and a highly efficient, compact package. The AR-PRO's circuitry monitors the incoming line voltage with each cycle. If a voltage change requires that a different tap be selected, the new tap is electronically switched in precisely at the zero-crossing, to avoid distorting the AC waveform. If necessary, the AR-PRO can switch taps as often as once each cycle. Most commercial voltage regulators using multiple-tapped transformers switch taps with relays at uncontrolled times, thereby creating voltage spikes! And unlike voltage regulators that employ ferro-resonant transformers, the AR-PRO is not sensitive to small errors in line frequency, making it ideal for use with generators.
The AR-PRO has twelve convenience outlets on its rear panel, and two on the front panel. All outlets are regulated, spike-suppressed, and filtered against RFI with a 3-pole filter. There are no controls except a master circuit breaker, which serves as an on-off switch. Two bar-graph meters each comprised of 21 LED's each indicate input voltage and output current, while three other LED's indicate proper function (i.e., that the output voltage is within 5% of the selected voltage, or above or below that range). One or more units may be turned on remotely, either simultaneously or in sequence, with a simple low voltage switch closure.
The AR-PRO is housed in a double space (3.5" high and 16" deep) rack-mount chassis, and weighs only 50 lbs (23 kg). It is made of extremely rugged heavy-gauge black powder-coated steel. Optional adjustable rear rack ears (order part number RRM-2) allow it to be secured in the rear for extra stability in mounting. It is supplied with a mating female twist-lock connector ready to terminate your custom supply cable.
* Delivers 120 VAC 4% anywhere within capture ranges of 88 to 134 and 170 to 264 volts AC, 50/60 Hz
* Extends usable range for most equipment to 80 to 267 VAC
* Input voltmeter bar-graph with 21 LED's
* Output ammeter bar-graph with 21 LED's
* Output Monitor indicates low, normal, or high output voltage
* Fourteen regulated, conditioned outlets (2 front, 12 rear)
* Input capacity 30 amps; output capacity 22.5 to 30 amps
* Provision for remote turn-on/turn-off; multiple units may be turned on simultaneously or in a delayed sequence
* Multiple-stage spike and RFI suppression
* Low stray magnetic field leakage
* May be switched for 100V output for use in Japan
* Compact 3.5" rack-mount unit weighs only 50 lbs (23 kg)
* Current Rating:
30 amperes for input voltages of 120 (low range) or 240 (high range) or higher; derate at 250 mA per volt to a minimum of 22.5A
* Input Voltage Ranges:
Functional range 80 to 267 VAC; provides regulation + or -4% in ranges 88-134 and 170-264 VAC
* Efficiency: 97%
* Meter Accuracy: Voltmeter + or -2 VAC; Ammeter, + or -10%; factory calibrated
* Spike Protection Modes:
Line to neutral, neutral to ground, line to ground
* Spike Clamping Voltage: TVSS rating 400V peak, L-N, N-G, L-G (tested to UL 1449)
* Response time:
* Maximum surge current:
6,500 amps (8 x 20 s pulse)
* Maximum spike energy:
* Noise Attenuation:
* Transverse and common mode: 20 dB at 200 kHz, rising to >40 dB, 1 to 100 MHz
* RFI Filter Approvals:
UL, CSA, VDE
|New - On Clearance|