The PL-8's lamps come supplied with 7 watt night-light bulbs. Replacements are readily available in 4 watt or 7 watt sizes at most supermarkets and hardware stores. Colored Christmas tree bulbs may also be used. Bulbs are easily replaced without removing the unit from the rack by unscrewing the cap on the end of each light tube.
The PL-8 has a master switch for the rear outlets that glows red when the power is on. There is also a separate switch for the lamps, allowing you to check your equipment settings before applying power to it. The front-panel circuit breaker can be easily and quickly reset should the PL-8 be overloaded.
• Two slide-out, swiveling light fixtures for rack illumination.
• Dimmer control for lamp brightness.
• Eight accessory outlets in rear controlled by front switch.
• Triple-mode varistor spike and surge protection.
• RFI fi ltering.
• 15 amp rating, with circuit breaker.
• Separate switch for lamps.
• Three year limited warranty.
• Current rating: 15 Amps ("E" versions 10 Amps)
• Input Voltage: 85 to 135 VAC ("E" versions 190 to 270 VAC)
• Voltmeter Accuracy: PL-PLUS only: 2 VAC, calibrated with internal
• Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, neutral to ground, line to ground
• Spike Clamping Voltage:
Initial turn-on at 200 Volts; TVSS rating of 400
Volts peak at 500 Amps, L-N, N-G, L-G (tested to
UL-1449) (Initial turn-on for "E" versions, 390 Volts
peak L-N; 680 Volts peak N-G, L-G)
• Response time: 1 nanosecond
• Maximum surge current: 6,500 Amps
• Maximum spike energy: 80 Joules per mode, 240 Joules total protection
("E" versions 130 Joules L-N, 160 Joules N-G,
L-G, 450 Joules total)
• Noise attenuation: Transverse and common modes: 20 dB at 200 kHz, rising to >40 dB, 1 to 100 MHz
• Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 8" D.
• Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg).
• Construction: Steel chassis, zinc chromate plating;
.125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front
panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards.
• Power Consumption:
PL-8, 14 Watts
|PL-8 SERIES II|
|New - On Clearance|