Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage (even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDA's A-1-1 test). Unlike some Series Mode Suppressors, Furman's maintenance free feature is NOT at the expense of safety! While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak, (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology. Additionally, Furman's trusted over-voltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC, by shutting off the incoming power until the over voltage condition is corrected.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter - Conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies whether multiple pole filter or conventional series mode, could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to re-boot digital pre-sets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
The PL -8 II, PL-Plus II, and PL-Plus D II feature LED rack lights which produce virtually no heat and provide an extremely long life span. A dimmer control for the rack lights allows the user to adjust the level of illumination or
simply switch the lights off.
Additionally, all units include a rear mounted BNC jack which accepts any standard (12VAC, 0.5A) gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination, as well as a front panel switch which controls the gooseneck's operation.
A front panel mounted master switch controls operation of the rear outlets, and glows red when the power is on. The front-panel circuit breaker can be quickly and easily reset should the unit be overloaded. The Series II also features a 10 foot, 14 gauge heavy-duty power cable.
• Current rating: 15 amps ("E" versions 10 amps)
• Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC ("E" versions 180 to 280 VAC)
• Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically ("E" versions 280 VAC typically)
• Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
• Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 and USA / CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 Amps)
• Response time: 1 nanosecond
• Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
• Noise attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 100 dB @ 10 MHz
Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
• Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 10.5" D. Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg). Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
• Power consumption: 12 watts
|New - On Clearance|