Power conditioners, featuring Furman's revolutionary SMP technology. Furman's Series Mode Protection (SMP) circuit also features our exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT).
Furman's maintenance-free SMP surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits "sacrifice" themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman's SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated. No sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage (even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDA's A-1-1 test). Unlike some Series Mode Suppressors, Furman's maintenance free feature is NOT at the expense of safety! While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak, (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology. Additionally, Furman's trusted over-voltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC, by shutting off the incoming power until the over voltage condition is corrected.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter - Conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies whether multiple pole filter or conventional series mode, could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to re-boot digital pre-sets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
• Current rating: 15 amps ("E" versions 10 amps)
• Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC ("E" versions 180 to 280 VAC)
• Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically ("E" versions 280 VAC typically)
• Voltmeter Accuracy: PL-PLUS II only: 2 VAC, calibrated with internal trimpot adjustments
• Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
• Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 and USA / CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 Amps)
• Response time: 1 nanosecond
• Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
• Noise attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 100 dB @ 10 MHz
Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
• Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 10.5" D. Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg). Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
• Front panel digial meter displays incoming AC line voltage with laboratory accuracy (+/- 1.5 VAC) .
• Additional front panel true RMS digital meter displays AC current draw with laboratory accuracy regardless of load reactance, inductance or resistance (+/- 0.1 amp) with extreme voltage shutdown.
• LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) with zero ground contamination.
• Two retractable, long-life, low-heat LED light fixtures with dimmer switch for rack illumination
BNC connector on the rear panel allows you to attach any standard goose neck lamp to illuminate the rear of your rack.
• Eight rear panel outlets and one front panel outlet.
• 15 amp rating, with circuit breaker.
• Power Consumption: 12Watt
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Furman PM8SERIESII SMP Power Conditioner Reviews