Galaxy Audio's battery powered CRICKET Polarity/Continuity Test Set makes it easy to determine whether every component in an audio system from patch bay to console to speakers is in or out of polarity. The CRICKET tests balanced and unbalanced cables of up to 2,000 feet in length. It will drive a "snake" (even one with transformers), and indicate which of a microphone's XLR connector pins is hot. The CRICKET can also plug directly into a speaker cabinet and drive the components. A glance at the CRICKET's red and green LED's can save hours of troubleshooting. No wonder it's an indispensable tool for sound system owners, operators, installers, and sound rental companies.
The CRICKET Polarity Tester is a two-piece unit ('Send' & 'Receive'). The Send unit generates a 'pulse', which is sent through the speaker, cable, microphone, or the device being tested. The Receive unit interprets that pulse and indicates if that pulse is positive or negative. The bottom of each unit has a quick reference guide on how to understand the readings given. The CRICKET Polarity Test Set is easy to use, necessary to own, and not a lot of money. The CRICKET is suggested for anybody working with sound systems.
Cricket Send Pulse Generator
• Pulse Waveform Polarity: Positive-going balanced line output pulse, switch selectable for hi or low level balanced signal with positive pressure produced at the tip of 1/4" jack and pin #2 of XLR jack.
• Speaker Output Pulse: Accepts 2 ohm (or greater) load with positive pressure produced at the tip of a 1/4" speaker jack and positive terminal of an internal speaker.
• Dimensions: 3.375"W x 1.812"H x 6.25"L
• Weight (with battery): 1.10 lbs. (.5 kg.)
• Battery:9 volt, alkaline only
Cricket Receive Pulse Detector
• LED Indicators: Green: indicates positive-going pulse polarity with power switch in "ON" position and battery status with power switch in "BAT" position.
• Red: indicates negative-going pulse polarity.
• Detection inputs: one 1/4", balanced; one XLR, balanced.
• Mic Sensitivity: -64 dB, +3 dB
• Weight (with battery): 1.02 lbs. (0.46 kg.)
• Battery: 9 volt, alkaline only
• Switches: Internal microphone for testing speaker output.
• Polarity/Continuity Test: Female XLR pin 2,3,1 continuity; 1/4" jacks: tip, ring, sleeve continuity.
• Test set shipping weight: 3 lbs. (1.36 kg.) .75" (127mm x 63.5mm x 44.45mm)
• Weight: less than 3/4 lbs.
|New - On Clearance|