JBL's PRX425 dual 15" two-way is the perfect choice for DJ's and bands who need low-frequency extension from the convenience of a stand-alone cabinet. The PRX425 is an excellent choice when the application calls for high performance and simplicity. A pair of PRX425s and a single, high-power amplifier is a complete sound system capable of reinforcing bass and kick drum or playing high-level music in clubs and other venues.
The PRX425 is comprised of two 380 mm (15 in) woofers with combined power handling of 600 watts (continuous). For the high frequencies, 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm, compression driver is mounted to a 90 x 50 horn. The 90 coverage angle of the PRX425 is wide enough to provide coverage of an audience when used one-per-side yet narrow enough to allow splaying of multiple enclosures without excessive coverage overlap.
The enclosure is constructed of birch/poplar multi-laminate hardwood and coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex' finish. The distinctive 16-gauge steel grille is CNC-machined for precision. The grilles are internally lined with an acoustically transparent screen to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance.
• Dual 15" woofers for high-power capacity and extended LF performance
• 1" polymer diaphragm compression driver
• 90 x 40 coverage
• Heavy Duty 16-gauge protective screen-backed steel grille
• Tough DuraFlex' enclosure finish
• Live sound reinforcement for vocals and musical instruments
• High-level music playback
• Frequency Range (-10 dB): 48 Hz - 19 kHz
• Frequency Response (3 dB): 61 Hz - 16 kHz
• Coverage Pattern: 90 x 50 nominal
• Crossover Mode: Passive
• Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
• Power Rating: 600 W/ 1200 W/ 2400 W, 2 hrs (Continuous / Program / Peak)
• Maximum SPL: 128 dB SPL continuous (134 dB SPL peak)
• System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 100 dB SPL
• LF Driver: 2 x JBL M115-8A 380 mm (15 in) woofers
• HF Driver: 1 x JBL 2414H-C 25 mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm, compression driver
• Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
• Enclosure: Trapezoidal, 18 mm, birch/poplar plywood
• Suspension / Mounting: N/A
• Transport: Two die-cast handles with backing cup
• Finish: Black DuraFlex' finish
• Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent black screen backing.
• Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-2 " combination (x2)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1044 mm x 429 mm x 521 mm (41.1 in x 16.9 in x 20.5 in)
• Net Weight: 33.5 kg (74 lb)
JBL PRX425 Dual 15" 2-Way Speaker, New Reviews