• High-quality sounds delivered by the HI synthesis system used on the world-famous TRITON series.
• 640 programs based on a new 64MB ROM, covering a wide range of styles.
• Combination mode allows up to eight programs to be freely combined to create complex sounds. 384 preloaded combinations are provided.
• Up to four high-quality effects can be used simultaneously, with effect types that cover a broad range from sound-field simulation to creative transformations.
• Four-channel audio output allows sophisticated sound-creating and mixing techniques such as using external effect processors and surround applications.
• Multi Sets provide easy setup and instant recall of 16-part multi-timbral groupings for use with your external DAW software.
• Powerful dual polyphonic arpeggiators provide a wide range of possibilities, ranging from realistic phrases to distinctive flourishes.
• External control setups can be used to control your DAW software, soft synths and other devices.
• USB connector allows direct MIDI connection to your computer.
• Editor and Editor Plug-in software are included for seamless editing of microX sounds from within your DAW software.
Packed with hundreds of great sounds
The microX's sound generator is the same HI synthesis system used by the TRITON series. In addition to Korg classics, many new PCM waveforms created specifically for the microX are provided, with a special emphasis on cutting edge synth and dance sounds, as well as unique ethnic timbres.
Effects are an important part of your sound, and the microX lets you use up to four of them simultaneously; one insert effect, two master effects, and one master EQ. You can choose from 89 different types of effects, with realtime modulation and tempo-based control of many of them.
Taking full advantage of this rich array of synthesis power, there are 640 Programs created by Korg's renowned team of sound designers, covering all musical styles including dance, electronica as well as more traditional needs. In addition, you can combine up to eight of these programs into a Combination to create even richer and more complex tones, with 384 Combinations preloaded.
No matter how many sounds an instrument may boast, it can't claim to be "easy" unless you can quickly find the sound you need. The microX's sound search functionality is based on the category select function acclaimed on Korg's workstation series, with a dedicated Category button to access this handy aid. It is further enhanced by direct access to the most popular categories such as synth, keyboard, bass, and drums from front panel buttons, making selecting the desired category even more intuitive. There's also an Audition button that automatically plays an appropriate demo phrase for each sound you select, making it easy to get a quick idea of how to use that sound effectively.
The microX has an innovative ClickPoint cursor for fast navigation and a large dial for value changes, making operation a simple and intuitively obvious process of "select and set."
Superb control capabilities
Don't let its small size fool you - not only is the microX a great sounding small synth that fits well into desktop studios and "on-the-go" music making, it makes a perfect expander sound module thanks to the voicing care that covers the full range possible from larger keyboards and controllers.
In addition, the microX plays another role as a superb controller. The 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard is a perfect when space is at a premium, and the joystick can control multiple parameters simultaneously in all four directions. Besides being used to tweak and modulate the internal sounds, effects and arp parameters, the four knobs on the panel can be used via the External Control function to control up to twelve parameters on your computer DAW software, soft synths or a hardware sound/effects module. Sixty-four external control templates are provided for popular software synthesizers and DAW programs, so you can start using this function right away.
Editor software for easily editing the microX's sounds from your computer is also provided. You can use the editor as a stand-alone program, or as a plug-in within your DAW software, providing seamless linkage of all microX operations with your DAW.
Dual polyphonic arpeggiators make music creation even more fun than ever
The microX's dual polyphonic arpeggiators provides a great shortcut to even more creative musical enjoyment. In addition to five basic arpeggio patterns, the microX provides 251 different phrases, covering everything from simple patterns to complex polyphonic phrases and drum grooves. You can also create your own original patterns and store them in any of the internal memory locations.
Individual outputs for professional setups
In addition to the usual two-channel output, the microX provides two individual outputs that you can use to output specific parts independently. This is convenient when you want to send separate signals to external recording devices, or if you want to try out different playback setups for new acoustic adventures.
Small is good!
The microX packs a broad range of sounds and functionality into a compact package. It will easily fit into your production environment, and gives you plenty of freedom in setting up your performance system. For convenient transportation and storage, the microX comes standard with a plastic carrying case.
Specifications subject to change without notice
|New - On Clearance|