While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the choice for high definition low frequency monitoring including some of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK12s provides a larger low frequency driver for enhanced performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Whether you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just looking to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK12s is designed to meet the task.
This performance is brought to you by drivers, enclosures and technology which is custom-designed by our world-class studio monitor engineering team.
• Curved Baffle Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
• Front-firing Port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
• Bypass Footswitch Control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching inch mono footswitch
• Kevlar 12" Driver -High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
• Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
• Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
• Metal Grill is standard to protect the driver from damage
• Drivers:12" Kevlar Woofer
• Frequency Response: TBD
• Max Power: 200 Watts RMS @1% THD+N
• Low Pass Filter: 55Hz - 170Hz Variable 24dB/Octave
• High Pass Filter: 80Hz Fixed
• Maximum SPL @ 1m: TBD
• Combi-Jack Inputs: (L/R/LFE)
• LFE Input Gain: Fixed +10 dBu
• XLR Outputs: (L/R)
• Power In: IEC Mains Connector
• Input Sensitivity: MUTE / +6 / -8dBu
• LED Power Indicator: (Logo - Yellow Triangle)
• Line Out Bypass: Switched 1/4" Input
• Variable Low-Pass Adjust: 55Hz - 170Hz Variable 24dB/Octave
• Polarity Reverse switch: 0/180 degrees
• Phase Adjust: Variable
• Ground Lift switch: Lift / Ground
• Limiter: On/Off
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 21.6" x 15.9" x 18.1"
• Weight: TBD
* For improvement purposes, specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|