Mackie designed the original 24x4 and 32x4 to be the best value 4-bus live sound mixers ever offered.- But being basically insecure, we decided to make them even better.
On stage (or in the studio), XDR microphone preamps and VLZ give these mixers fantastic headroom, astonishing fidelity and an absolutely subterranean noise floor. The 24x4-VLZ PRO and 32x4 VLZ PRO also have main and submix amplifiers that use our distinctive negative gain mix architecture, which provides double the mix headroom of conventional designs.
Four buses make live mixing a breeze because you can submix groups of inputs and then control them with one fader - for example all of your background vocals or all your drum mics.
The SR32•4 VLZ PRO has 28 XDR-equipped mic/line channels plus two special line level channels.
Equalization on the SR-VLZ PRO Series mixers is very versatile. Besides the fact that our Hi and Lo shelving EQ are centered at useful frequencies - 12kHz and 80Hz, respectively - the SR24x4-VLZ PRO and SR32x4-VLZ PRO have sweepable midrange EQ (on mono channels). You can center the midrange anywhere from 100Hz to 8kHz, low enough to use as a second low frequency EQ, and high enough to use in the high frequency range. (Stereo channels on both mixers have 4-band EQ, with 12kHz and 80Hz Hi and Lo shelving EQ, and two fixed mids at 3kHz and 800Hz.).
And a low cut filter (on mono channels) centered at 75Hz allows you to cut out mic thumps and wind noise that can enter your mix and rob you of amplifier power.
The SR-VLZ PRO Series mixers have six aux sends per channel, with the flexibility to handle multiple chores at once. Two of the aux sends are pre-fader, so you can use them for monitor sends during a live session. Two other aux sends are post-fader, which you would want for effects during studio tracking and mixdown. But get this: the final two aux sends are switchable to pre- or post-fader! So you can have 4 pre-fader aux sends, or 4 post-fader aux sends, whenever you need them.
Along with great channel EQ, SR-VLZ PRO mixers come with factory "Air." This peaking EQ circuit, centered at 16kHz, enhances guitars, vocals, percussion, whatever, giving a gentle "lift" to the extreme high end. The result is extra detail and fidelity in the high end. Sound On Sound magazine said about Air: "(The) Air controls turned out to be far more effective in adding top-end clarity than you might first imagine - it's almost an 'exciter' kind of effect, but without the harshness."
When you put all of the SR-VLZ PRO Series' features and enhancements together, you'll have two highly-affordable sound reinforcement mixers with what it takes for both live and small studio applications.
• Premuim XDR mic preamps (20 on the 24x4 VLZ PRO, 28 on the 32x4 VLZ PRO)
• 4 submix buses
• 6 aux sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 switchable pre/post)
• 3-band EQ with sweepable mids (4-band fixed EQ on stereo channels)
• 75Hz Low cut filter on all mono channels
• "Air" EQ on sub buses
• Talkback section with level control, LED, and separate rear XLR input
• "Double-bused" sub outs for eight track recording without repatching
• Inserts on all mono channels and subs
• AFL/PFL solo on all channels (globally switchable)
• 60mm log-taper faders for consistent fades
• Balanced XLR and 1/4" main outputs
• Additional mono XLR main out with level control
' Balanced inputs and outputs (except phones, inserts, RCAs)
• Built-in power supply
• 12V BNC lamp socket
• XDR mic preamps with 60dB gain range, 130dB dynamic range, 192kHz bandwidth, 0.0007% THD
• Best RFI resistance of any compact SR mixer in the galaxy thanks to advanced DC-pulse transformers.
• New ultra-high-performance 2068 op amps for incredibly low noise and distortion
• Improved cooling for even greater thermal protection in hot environments.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Mackie 24.4 VLZ PRO 24x4x2x1 Audio Mixer Reviews