With the Mackie HM Series High Power Headphone Mixers and Amplifiers, everyone can have a custom headphone mix and still afford rent. The Mackie HM-54 is a four-channel rack-mount headphone amplification system with a master stereo input and separate direct stereo inputs for each channel. It's clean and powerful, flexible, and built rugged for the road, not to mention extremely affordable.
Power and Clarity
With off-the-shelf parts and cost-cutting design, the typical headphone amplifier can't touch the clarity and output power of the Mackie HM-54. This convenient unit features four low-noise, high-fidelity/high power amplifiers to deliver crystal clear audio at output levels our competition seldom attains. So it's more than loud enough to use at full-on rock band rehearsals. (Of course, you should always use caution when monitoring through headphonesyou only get one pair of ears!)
The HM-54 features left and right TRS main inputs, as well as left and right TRS "direct inputs" on each of the four channels. The front panel provides an input select switch for each channel, allowing you to choose between the main stereo mix and the stereo "direct input." In addition, each channel has its own headphone level control and two headphone jacksone on the front for easy access, and one on the back panel for hard-wired installations. A Main Phones input jack allows you to use the headphone output on a mixer as the main input to the HM-54 instead of a left and right line-level output.
The HM-54 is a cinch to use and easily connects to your current system.
• Turn the volume all the way down. (Remember, musicians need ears!)
• Connect the main output from your mixer to the main input on the HM-54.
• Connect a custom stereo mix from your mixer's aux sends or from another source (All of these inputs accept either balanced or unbalanced line level signals)
• Plug in some headphones and select your channel's monitoring source.
• Adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
• At last, the Mackie-quality sound and reliability enjoyed by engineers and producers in the control room is now available to musicians via headphones.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|