The Onyx 1220, 1620 and 1640 start with all-new premium analog circuitry, setting new standards for high-headroom, low-noise operation. Next up are Mackie's new Onyx mic preamps, which meet or surpass expensive esoteric standalone mic preamps in terms of fidelity and transparency. Then there's our completely new Perkins EQ circuitry, a "neo classic" 3- and 4-band design which gives you the sweet musicality of British EQ with greater filter control and minimum phase shift (plus a true hardware EQ bypass).
The goal for the Onyx Series was no short order: small-format analog mixers with more useful features, better sound quality, advanced tonal shaping and full FireWire connectivity options. To accomplish all this, we assembled a hybrid engineering team led by famed analog engineer Cal Perkins and digital guru Chris Jubien. We also couldn't keep Greg Mackie from adding things as we went along (like 4-segment LED metering on every channel). Two years and almost nine thousand cups of coffee later, we had our flagship Onyx Series.
* Premium 16-channel small-format analog mixer with all-new circuitry
* 8 new ONYX mic preamps with sound comparable to boutique preamps
* New 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable midrange controls provides warmer, more musical sound
* 96K FireWire option for streaming 16 independent channels of audio to computer with zero latency input monitoring through mixer
* 2 channels of monitoring from computer via FireWire option card
* 4 Aux sends w/ Pre/Post switches
* 4 stereo line-level inputs
* Built-in Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
* True hardware EQ Bypass
* "Planet-Earth" power supply
* Individual 48v Phantom Power switches on all mic input
||ONYX-1620 MIXER W/FW
||New - On Clearance