For those who record and produce music on computers, we've given Onyx mixers another "world's first" - an optional user-installable 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O card with the ability to send up to 16 individual channels of high-quality digital audio direct to any FireWire-equipped computer (Windows XP or Mac OSX.3 or later).
The FireWire card also sends a Left/Right stereo "quick mix" to the computer, with a level trim control that boosts or cuts the mix by 10 dB as it is sent to the card again letting you set levels independently for the live L/R mix and the recorded tracks.
Better still, the FireWire interface returns two channels of audio from the computer to the mixer, letting you monitor your computer through the control room/phones matrix (pictured at left). So with FireWire, Onyx mixers can record everything from live gigs to studio sessions, with higher quality and lower latency than many dedicated computer audio interfaces.
* User-installable 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O Card for Mackie's flagship Onyx Series analog mixers.
* Allows streaming of 12 or 16 independent channels of audio, plus a stereo mix, directly from mixer to Mac or PC.
* Monitors two channels of audio from computer via mixer's Control Room/Phones section
* Allows "daisy chaining" two mixers together, providing additional channels of audio into computer.
* FireWire technology provides monitoring of audio software and plug-ins with no noticeable latency.
* Turns any Onyx mixer into a great-sounding, very convenient audio interface to the digital world
* Works with any Windows XP ASIO/WDM host (Cubase, Sonar, Live, Tracktion, etc.) or any Mac OS X.3 Core Audio host (Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase, Tracktion, etc.).
* Includes full version of Tracktion Audio and MIDI Production Software.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Mackie ONYX FireWire Card for Onyx 1220, 1620, 1640 Reviews