The Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire recording mixer gives you the power to mix on a familiar, classic analog console while sending audio to your computer via a fast, reliable FireWire interface. Certified by Mackie for use with all major DAW software, the Onyx 1640i opens up a new world of options for anyone interested in computer recording. In addition to an ultra-high quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire recording interface, the Onyx 1640i mixer offers proven analog features like boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps, classic "British-style" Perkins EQ, and pre/post assignable aux sends, all of which can be flexibly routed via FireWire. The Onyx 1640i is a better way to record!
Premium-quality mixer with proven components
The Onyx 1640i is, first and foremost, a Mackie mixer. It houses 16 of Mackie's premium-quality Onyx mic preamps for natural, transparent sound. Its mic/line channels are equipped with 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids. Signal routing is easy and flexible. On top of all that, the Onyx 1640i is built Mackie-tough.
24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface
The digital side of the Onyx 1640i is equally robust. Mackie has tested and certified the Onyx 1640i for use with all major DAW software. It allows you to send channels, aux sends, or master L/R signals discretely to your Mac or PC for recording. The Onyx 1640i also routes up to 16 channels from your DAW for further integration. You'll be impressed by how smoothly the Onyx 1640i works with your favorite software!
Pro features and I/O options
The Onyx 1640i includes the tools you'd expect from a quality mixer. Phantom power is available for each of the Onyx preamps. The first two channels include DIs for direct connection of guitars and other instruments. A talkback section offers a built-in mic and flexible routing. All in all, the Mackie Onyx 1640i is the ideal solution for both mixing and computer recording!
• 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
• Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
• 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
• 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
• Hybrid mono/stereo channel with 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids
• Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
• Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
• Six aux sends with pre/post assignment
• Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
• Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
• 4-segment metering on every channel
• Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
• Talkback section with built-in mic and flexible routing
• "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
• Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Mackie ONYX1640i 16-channel 4-bus Premium Firewire Recording Mixer Reviews