The S218s is capable of extremely high sound pressure levels, thanks to an 18" high-output LF driver (woofer) and a solid Baltic Birch wood cabinet with bass reflex design. The long-throw woofer incorporates technology used in large-format touring systems and can absorb more than its share of punishment. The built-in low-pass filter allows you to connect a full-range signal directly to the input of the subwoofer without the need for additional crossovers.
BUILT MACKIE TOUGH
With subwoofers in particular, solid enclosure design is a must. The S218s is constructed using both 18mm multi-layer Baltic Birch plywood and pressure injected structural resin, delivering a very big "knock" factor from the moment you plug in. Super-tough PVC vinyl covering and industrial-grade steel grill repel the slings and arrows dished out in typical live environments with far greater effectiveness than the typical belly button lint covering and nylon grill of the competition. A carrying handle is integrated into each side for easy loading and transport.
THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS
Few things are as frustrating as having the wrong cable for hooking up. Connecting and setting up the S218 is a breeze. It accepts a speaker-level signal via either a Neutrik Speakon connector or female 1/4-inch TS (Tip/Sleeve) connector, so now you don't have to remember to bring the right adaptors either.
• 18 inch subwoofer Appropriate for applications where maximum LF extension is required
• Operating range 31 Hz to 145 Hz
• Power handling 500 watts at 8 ohm
• Barrier strip input
• Rugged birch enclosure available in a black or white painted finish
• Integrated 3/8"-16 mounting points for use with optional eyebolts or array brackets
• Dimensions 30.0 H x 24.6 W x 19.6 D in / 762 H x 624 W x 498 D mm