The SAz Series represents Mackie's best to date; our ultimate Super Active Loudspeaker systems re-designed from the ground up and tuned by the gurus at Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW). The SA1532z is a 3-way, Active loudspeaker featuring our Optimized WaveFront' horn design, providing better coverage, detail, and vocal intelligibility something previously unattainable in this class. As a final touch, we pack all this amazing technology into an EAW-tuned wooden enclosure. Read more...
With This Much Low-End, Who Needs a Sub?
Ever wonder why don't you see 24- or 36-inch LF transducers? You'd think they'd blast bass like the god of thunder himself was on drums. Turns out, as woofer cones get bigger, they get slower due to the atrocious amounts of air they must move bass gets "mushy" and craps out. So, instead of an 18" woofer, we opted to deliver faster, tighter bass by using dual 15" LF transducers with 3" high-temperature voice coils (which keeps the SA1532z's footprint small).
These dual 15s have 35% more surface area than a single 18-inch woofer and can respond to transient attack much faster especially when driven by up to 20 amps of current. You'll get the tightest bass you've never heard. Three-way accuracy's never been this loud before.
Don't Skimp On The Highs And Mids
We gave the Mackie SA1532z's a new 1.75" titanium design high-frequency transducer with a Neodymium magnet structure. A driver this state-of-the-art simply isn't found in any other pro audio SR system. The SA1532z's 6-inch Neodymium midrange transducer is capable of four times the output of previous designs. And our Optimized WaveFront' horn design allows the HF horn to fire slightly down into the midrange, providing more predictable, consistent coverage and a wicked smooth transition between the mids and highs. Our "competition" can't even come close to the quality and performance of the loudspeakers in this class.
The cabinet is constructed using both 18 mm multi-layered plywood and pressure injected structural resin. Weight balanced carrying handles are integrated into the sides and top for easy loading and transport.
Hear and Feel The Difference
When you hear the Mackie SA1532z, the first thing you'll experience is chest-pounding bass that is clean and crisp; then you'll notice the clean, accurate, and warm quality of the midrange. You'll hear vocals that have incredible detail, without being harsh. And beats that are clear and defined with amazing low-end punch. As you crank up the volume, you'll realize this remarkable fidelity doesn't go away as the loudness increases. You're hearing blisteringly loud and accurate at the same time, a phenomenon not common to conventional PA systems in this class. These speakers will not only make you sound better they will inspire you play better!
• Ultra high-output Active system featuring integrated electronics and acoustic design by EAW loudspeaker team
• Tri-Amplified, with independent 1100W RMS low-frequency, 100W RMS mid-frequency, and100W RMS high-frequency amps
• Optimized wide-dispersion WaveFront' high/mid horn system
• Wide-dispersion, ultra-low distortion, high frequency horn design
• 44mm (1.75") neodymium high-frequency compression driver
• 152mm (6") horn-loaded neodymium mid-frequency transducer
• Two 381mm (15") LF woofers with high-temperature voice coil
• 138dB SPL @ 1kHz/1 meter
• Frequency Response: 38Hz to 20kHz
• Complete electronic and component circuitry protection
• Power On, Signal Present, Limiter and Thermal Protection LEDs
• Weight balanced with carrying handles for easy portability
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|