We've Taken The Hassle Out Of Bi-Amping
Bi-amplified systems always sound better than passive speakers driven by a single power amp. But few of us can spend the extra money on electronic crossovers and extra power amps. Not to mention all the extra hassle and setup. Our Active electronics take all the guesswork out of system configuration and hookup. Just plug in the power cable and the signal line from your board or snake we've done the rest for you. No need for racks of amps and processing gear when you've got Mackie Active Loudspeakers. And the built-in active crossover sends the optimal signal to each of the internal amplifiers, which were custom designed for their respective transducers.
Five Hundred Watts You'll Swear Is A Thousand
The SR1522z's built-in 400- and 100-watt power amps are pretty impressive all by themselves. But to get the same output from a typical passive system as the 1522, you'd have to use far more power. That's because the amps in our Active speakers are directly coupled to their transducers and were specifically designed to squeeze out every drop of power. Our "competition" simply can't touch this level of efficiency, sound quality, and performance in this class of loudspeakers.
Cool... Running, That Is.
Even though these amps get cranked to the "max" they never lose their cool. Our high-current amplifier modules sit atop a massive aluminum heatsink that totally eliminates the need for fans. Another tremendous benefit of having these amplifiers located within the loudspeaker cabinet is that the SR1522z functions as a complete system, optimizing acoustic, electronic, and mechanical designs to achieve the highest level of performance and value.
For extreme output applications, molded speaker cabinets just can't keep up. That's why the SRz Series loudspeakers are constructed with extremely resonant 18mm Baltic Birch ply. Wood of this quality sings at high volumes, delivering crisp, even tone at volumes that would pulverize the competition's rat-fur covered particle board shoeboxes.
The Rear Panel
The rear-mounted amplifier assembly features separate signal and AC power panels separated by the heat sink. The signal input panel contains:
• Input XLR and loop-through XLR
• Volume level control
• Power ON indicator
• Signal Present indicator
• Limit indicator
• Thermal Protection indicator
The Mackie SR1522z produces so much low-end and punch, you probably won't need to buy subs until you take your next step towards fame and fortune!
• Bi-Amplified, with 400W RMS low-frequency and 100W RMS high-frequency amplifiers
• Built-in Active circuitry provides precision crossover, electronic time correction, phase alignment and equalization
• 44mm (1.75") titanium dome compression driver with optimized symmetric phase plug
• Dual 381mm (15") LF woofers with high temperature voice-coils
• Wide-dispersion, ultra-low distortion, high frequency horn design
• 133 dB SPL @ 1kHz / 1 meter
• Frequency Response: 43Hz to 20kHz
• Complete electronic and component protection circuitry
• Weight balanced with carrying handles for easy portability
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|