Record settings are selectable between those for high-quality music recording to extended voice recording. The use of SD cards, the most stable and commonly available type of flash media, including support for SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards, provides recording file sizes limited only by card capacity. Recording time with a 4 GB card extends from 3 hrs 44 mins for stereo PCM at 24-bit / 48 kHz, to 283 hrs 44 mins - almost 12 days - for mono MP3 at 32 kbps. Compatibility with SDHC media means cards up to 32 GB in size can be utilized and the new built in SD Card Check' makes it easy and convenient to insert any SD card and ensure it's compatibility.
The new Retake' feature allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio to create a new drop-in point. This enables easy re-recording part way through unwanted takes ideal for dictation and verbal note gathering.
New security features have also been added into the MKII with Password Protection and File encryption abilities that work hand in hand to keep recordings safe form unauthorized access. MP3 files can be encrypted to .MPS files and WAV files encrypted to .WAS files. Both MPS and WAS files utilize a 4 digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4 digit key can open and play the files either on the player, or in the new updated PMD Marker Editor software, included in the box.
The free PMD Marker Editor software (for PC) allows marker points made on the recorded file to be adjusted post-recording, and a new file created, meaning basic editing can be carried out on any handy PC or laptop, and files posted for immediate distribution.
Applications include Broadcast and Journalism, Law Enforcement, Municipal and Court Recording, Government and Surveillance, Musicians, Dictation for Law, Medical, Education, Meetings, and Recording.
• Handheld portability, compact rugged design
• Card check compatibility feature - New!
• Passcode protection for the device - New!
• Password protected file encryption - New!
• Linear style Retake record function - New!
• Single handed operation and one-touch recording
• User configurable, high contrast OLED display
• Utilizes stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
• Selectable stereo / mono / .WAV / MP3 recording
• Selectable 16- and 24 bit recording depths, 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sample rates, and six MP3 bit rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps
• Professional recording, editing and playback features
• Integrated stereo condenser microphone array
• Mic and line level external inputs
• Internal playback speaker
• USB 2.0 connectivity to PC, for drag and drop file exchange
• Power from two AA cells typically provides 5 hours operation
• Includes DMP Editor software for advanced features and functionality