Introducing the Marantz Professional PMD661 MKII, the long awaited successor to the popular PMD661 professional compact digital audio recorder, now offering many improved recording and security features.
The PMD661 MKII sports a refined professional feature set that builds upon the legacy of the original PMD661 by maintaining the ergonomic top facia layout focused around highly developed multi-functional controls, ensuring comprehensive single handed operation.
The hardware feature set includes an integrated high-quality stereo condenser microphone array for point and shoot' operation, switchable balanced mic/XLR line inputs, as well as unbalanced line outputs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line input on 3.5 mm mini jack connector.
Measuring just 165 x 93 x 36 mm (6.5" x 3.7" x 1.4") with a highly visible 128 x 64 dots matrix OLED (organic LED) display ensures ease of use wherever recording, playback or setup may be taking place. A high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz recording option means quality is never an issue when recording to the supplied SD flash card. Compatibility with SDHC media means cards up to 32 GB in size can be used. In addition, the new built in SD Card Check' makes it easy and convenient to insert any SD card and check compatibility. High capacity media storage is matched by five hours recording time from four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries. Drag and drop file transfer is supported via the USB port.
The new Retake' feature allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio and create a drop-in point to overdub. This enables easy re-recording part way through unwanted takes ideal for dictation and electronic note gathering applications.
New security features have also been added into the MKII with Password Protection and File encryption ability that work hand in hand to keep recordings safe form unauthorized access. MP3 files can be encrypted to .MPS files and WAV files encrypted to .WAS files. Both MPS and WAS files utilize a 4 digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4 digit key can open and play the files either on the player, or in the new updated PMD Marker Editor software, included in the box.
New PMD Marker Editor: Marantz Professional has once again bundled it's Marker Editor software free in the box. PMD Mark Editor allows the marker points made on the recorded .le to be adjusted post-recording, and a new file created, meaning basic editing can be carried out on any handy PC or laptop, and .les posted for immediate distribution - plus the new 4 digit password security update.
Applications include Broadcast and Journalism, Law Enforcement, Municipal and Court Recording, Government and Surveillance, Musicians, Dictation for Law, Medical, Education, and Meeting Recording.
• Record directly to SD cards - SD/SDHC compatible
• Handheld Size - 165x93x36mm
• Card check compatibility feature - New!
• Passcode protection for the device'' - New!
• Password protected file encryption - New!
• Linear style Retake record function - New!
• Large OLED (organic LED) Display
• MP3, WAV(BWF), format compatible
• 16/24 Bit linear quantization
• 44.1/48/ 96KHz sample rate selection (96KHz only for PCM)
• MP3 Bit Rate: 64 - 320kbps Stereo
• Balanced XLR Mic input
• 48V phantom power
• Balanced XLR Line Input, Unbalanced line in and out, Digital Input (SPDIF)
• USB 2.0 for fast file transfer
• 4 x AA Batteries, providing six hours recording (w/Alkaline 1450mAh batteries)
• Dictation Functions including Pitch control and Skip Back
• Includes DMP Editor software for advanced features and functionality
Marantz PMD661MKII Professional Handheld Broadcast Recorder Reviews