The Peavey PR12D is a powered, bi-amplified, two-way speaker system engineered to provide very high levels of performance in a compact powered loudspeaker. The PR12D is capable of up to 120 dB peak SPL. The enclosure utilizes tough polypropylene in an injection-molded plastic trapezoidal form, with a coated steel grille to offer an attractive yet-durable powered speaker system.
This two-way powered system is comprised of a 150 W class D power amplifier driving a 12" heavy duty woofer. The RX'14 compression driver is driven by a 50 W class D power amplifier and features a 1.4" titanium diaphragm coupled to an extremely smooth and well-controlled constant directivity horn (with a coverage pattern of 90? by 40?) that is molded integrally into the enclosure.
A balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics consists of one combo female XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack. It is switchable between mic-level and line-level sensitivity. Two 1/4" phone jacks are provided for link-out / direct-in capability. The link-out is post- level and pre-crossover. While the direct-in is a direct pre-crossover input. A woofer servo senses back-EMF from the woofer voice coil that is not a result of the drive signal, and subtracts the error so that the woofer cone follows the drive waveform precisely. Constant Loudness (Fletcher-Munson) circuit for accenuating bass and treble at low listening volume levels.
The power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion units providing 150 W continuous RMS into the nominal 8 ohm load of the woofer, and a 50 W continuous RMS into the nominal 8 ohm load of the tweeter. They were selected for their reliability and superb musical performance capability. Both amplifiers feature our DDT' compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. A molded-in handle provides ease of transport, while multiple mounting points (top and bottom) for the Peavey versamount' allow maximum utility.
- Both power amps have DDT compression
- 12" heavy duty woofer
- Woofer servo for reduced woofer distortion
- Automatic equal loudness (Fletcher-Munson)
- RX 14 1.4" titanium compression driver
- Peak SPL up to 120 dB with music!
- Combo jack with 1/4" TRS & female XLR mic- or line-level balanced input
- Two 1/4" phone jacks for link-out/direct-in capability
- Molded-in horn with exceptionally smooth response and pattern control
- Top and sides handgrips
- Pole mount molded-in
- Reduced weight
- Top and bottom flying point inserts
- Bi-amplified Class D powered system with 200 watt total power
- Weight Unpacked: 28.66 lb(13 kg)
- Weight Packed: 34.39 lb(15.6 kg)
- Width Packed: 20.75"(52.705 cm)
- Height Packed: 25.25"(64.135 cm)
- Depth Packed: 16.25"(41.275 cm)
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Peavey PR12D Powered 12" Loudspeaker Reviews