The new CX-168 features eight channels rated at 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 130 watts per channel at 4 ohms in a compact 2RU chassis.
The CX-168 includes features that are standard among QSC's entire CX Series, including detachable Phoenix-style input connectors that enable the system to be pre-wired prior to rack mounting. Other features include 1-dB recessed and detented gain controls and a custom security cover for tamper-proof installations, user-selectable high-pass filters to reduce transformer saturation and protect speakers, and proportional response clip limiters that are independently defeatable. The CX-168 also features DataPort connectors, allowing each channel pair to be governed by QSControl, QSC's audio networking system. This enables the system operator to control amplifier gain levels, check clipping and thermal status and monitor numerous additional system parameters. The CX-168 also allows for an interface with the DSP-3.
• HD15 DataPort connector for QSControl computer control or signal processing accessories • Dip switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge-mono parallel operation
• Selectable high pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33 Hz or 75 Hz selectable)
• Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, protect and QSC's exclusive bridge-mono and parallel-input LEDs
• Barrier strip output connector > Compact size - all models only 2 RU and 14" deep for reduced rack cost and floor space
• Light weight - all models only 21 pounds (9.5 kg) for easier racking and shipping. Features
• Exclusive PowerWave switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
• Custom integrated security cover for tamper proof installations
• Zero-idle speed fan for low noise
• 1 dB detented gain controls for fast and accurate gain settings
• Active Inrush Limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
• XLR and detachable Euro style input connectors
QSC CX168 Contractor Amplifier Reviews