Next, breaking from the traditional loudspeaker paradigm, every model is fitted with the identical 1.75" HF device (fullrange models) and woofers of the same high quality for unparalleled performance, regardless of speaker size.
Extensive DSP processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy the system's size and weight.
Premium-grade materials, advanced construction processes and multiple mounting and suspension options allow for a wide range of live and installed applications.
Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (fullrange models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP' for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (fullrange models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Fullrange models are housed in rugged ABS enclosures with a professional appearance that is at home in any application. ABS is a far more robust material than conventional speaker plastics and offers an additional measure of sonic clarity due to its internal rigidity. Ergonomic aluminum handles and a highly protective steel grille complete the package for ease of transport and long term durability.
The K Series fullrange models feature a unique Tilt-Direct' pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for suspended applications with a K SERIES M10 KIT (sold separately) or Yoke bracket (sold separately).
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Euroblock connector. In an installed application, multiple K Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity. SPECIFICATIONS:
Low-frequency: 8" cone transducer
High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
• Power Out:
1000 W continuous Class D
(500 W LF, 500 W HF)
2000 W peak
• Frequency Response (-6 dB) 66 Hz - 18 kHz • Frequency Range (-10 dB) 61 Hz - 20 kHz
• Nominal Coverage (-6 dB) 105 conical
• Maximum SPL (1 meter) 127 dB peak
• Weight (Net) 27 lb / 12.2 kg
• Dimensions (HWD) 17.7" x 11" x 10.6"
450 mm x 280 mm x 269 mm FEATURES:
• Lightweight portable powered speakers with legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability
• 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2x500 W)
• Extensive DSP enhances system performance
• Attractive and professional appearance
• Rugged ABS enclosures (K8, K10 and K12)
• Tour-grade 18 gauge steel grilles
• Ergonomic handles with comfortable, non-slip grip
• 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct' (fullrange models)
• M10 rigging points for suspended installation (fullrange models)
• K10 and K12 perform as main PA or stage monitors