• 575 Watts @ 8 Ohms
• 900 Watts @ 4 Ohms
• 1500 Watts @ 2 Ohms
• Selectable input sensitivity/voltage gain (+4 dBu, 32 dB, or 26 dB)
• Adjustable two-way 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover with low-frequency delay for driver time alignment
• Adjustable high frequency attenuation
• Independent power limiters on each channel with adjustable threshold, attack and release times
• Adjustable CD Horn equalization
The PowerLight 2 Series is a high performance line of amplifiers designed exclusively for the touring and live sound professional. Four models range in power from 900 watts to 1850 watts per channel, all in two-rack space chassis that are only 14" deep and 21 lbs.
Each of these models are available in two versions: a Base model and an "A" version. Base models are ideal for systems using external signal processing. For those looking for integrated solutions, "A" versions offer internal analog signal processing. Full DSP capabilities may also be added to any model with the addition of the DSP-3 Module.
With PowerWaveTM technology, PowerLight 2 amplifiers take your sound to a whole new level. Not only does it give you tighter bass and clean transparent highs, PowerWaveTM also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability and gets rid of unwanted noise and hum. PowerWave is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit. So unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
Through continued improvement and innovation, QSC's new PowerLight 2 offer features not found in any other professional audio amplifier.
• PowerWaveTM Switching Technology for improved audio performance
• High-efficiency Class H output circuits lower AC current consumption and cooling requirements by over 40% (PowerLight 224, 230, & 236)
• Optional intake housing for the addition of air filters
• Increased airflow for improved thermal performance
• DataPort for remote computer control or the addition of external DSP modules
• Detented gain controls with 1 dB steps for precise calibration
• Removable knobs with lock-out security plate prevents unauthorized tampering
• User defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filter (5, 30, or 50 Hz)
• 1/4" TRS*, XLR, and 3-pin detachable terminal block input connectors
• Neutrik Speakon and "Touch Proof" binding post outputs
• "Locking" IEC power cable remains secure on the road
• Personalized badging available
* Base models only
• Distortion (SMPTE-IM) Less than 0.01%
• Distortion (typical)
• 10 dB below rated power:20 Hz-20 kHz
• Full rated power:5.0 kHz and below
• Less than 0.025% THD
• Less than 0.025% THD
• Frequency Response 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2 dB / 8 Hz-65 kHz, +0, -3 dB
• Damping Factor greater than 500
• Input Impedance 6 K ohms unbalanced, 12 K ohms balanced
• Input Clipping 10 Vrms (+22dBu)
• Cooling Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow. Optional air filter.
• Connectors (each channel) Input: 3-pin rubber isolated XLR and 3-pin detachable terminal blocks (1 each per channel)
• Output: Neutrik Speakon and touch-proof binding post
• Controls (rear)
• Input Configuration
• DataPort Input Signal
• Gain Sensitivity
• Stereo or Parallel
• 2 Channel, Bi-amp, or Bridge-mono
• Pre-processing, Post-processing, or Off
• 26dB, 1.2 Vrms, or 32 dB
• Subaudio Filter (ea. channel)(side)
• Clip Limiter (ea. channel)
• 5 Hz (off), 30 Hz, or 50 Hz
• On or Off
• Crossover Controls (side)
Low-frequency Delay Enable (Ch. 1 only)
Low-frequency Delay (Ch. 1 only)
High-Frequency ch. attenuation (Ch. 2 only)
CD Horn equalization (Ch. 2 only)
Range of 85 Hz to 2500 Hz. Configured with SIP resistor.
On or Off. Active only in bi-amp mode only.
Range of 0.14 to 6.5 mSec. Configured with SIP resistor.
Range of 0 to -15 dB in 1-dB steps. Active only in bi-amp mode.
Range of 0 to +14 dB boost in 2-dB steps. Active only in bi-amp mode.
Power Limiter Controls (side)
Power Limiter Enable (ea. channel)
Power Limiter Mode (ea. channel)
Power Limiter Threshold (ea. channel)
Power Limiter Speed (ea. channel)
Power Limiter Tracking
On or Off
• Average or Peak attack and release mode
• Range of 0 to -15 dB in 1-dB steps
• Fast: 1-8 mSec. of attack (depending on limiter mode) and 20 mSec release
• Medium: 10-80 mSec. of attack (depending on limiter mode) and 200 mSec release
• Slow: 180 mSec.-1.6 Sec. of attack (depending on limiter mode) and 4 Sec. Release
Ch.1 tracks Ch. 2, Ch. 2 tracks Ch. 1, or Off
• Indicators Front: Power: Green LED; Bridged: Yellow LED; Parallel: Orange LED;
• Biamp: Blue LED; Clip: Red LED (1 per ch.); Level -10: Orange LED (1 per ch.);
• Level -20: Green LED (1 per ch.); Signal -35: Green LED (1 per ch.)
• Rear: Stereo: Green LED; Parallel: Orange LED; Biamp: Blue LED; 2CH mode:
• Green LED; Bridged: Yellow LED; DP Pre Processing: Blue LED; DP Out: Green LED;
• DP Post Processing: Yellow LED; Gain 26dB: Orange LED;
• Input Sensitivity +4dBu: Green LED; Gain 32dB: Yellow LED
• Side: LF filter engaged: Green LED (1 per ch.); • Power Limiter Activity: Yellow LED (1 per ch.)
• Amplifier Protection Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, and RF protection.
• Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
• Load Protection On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
• Dimensions 19" (48.3 cm) rack mounting, 3.5" (8.9 cm) tall (2 rack spaces),
14" (35.6 cm) deep (from front mounting rails)
• Weight 21 lb (9.5 kg) net, 27 lbs (12.3 kg) shipping
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|