The Scratch LIVE USB interface connects one or two standard vinyl or CD turntables to your computer. This extremely rugged, portable, high quality, bus-powered USB interface features two switchable phono or line inputs, a microphone input, two line outputs, and pass thru outputs for the phono/line and mic.
The included 12" vinyl records each have a Serato exclusive and unique control signal which allows Scratch LIVE to track the motion of the record, simulating the same movement with digital audio. Due to Serato's proprietary control scheme, the result is a feel and sound indistinguishable from playing vinyl. As a producer and DJ, the track you finished today can be played on a real turntable tonight. You'll never have to cut a dubplate again!
• Full iTunes integration, Windows XP and Mac (excluding playback of files protected by Digital Rights Management such as those sold through the Apple iTunes Music Store).
• Play and scratch tracks direct from CD and CD-ROM.
• External Mode: faithfully reproduce movement of vinyl control records, including stops, starts, scratching, needle
dropping, rubbing, backspins, powerdowns and other turntablist techniques.
• Relative Mode: disable needle dropping to ignore record skips, but still allow scratching.
Internal Mode: play songs without vinyl control, enabled automatically when end of vinyl groove is reached.
• Browse music collection by Artist, Album, Tempo (BPM) or Genre, with optional album art display.
• Digital "crates" for quick access to your favorite collections.
• Record from Mic Input and immediately scratch as if it was on vinyl.
• Instant full text search of ID3 tags, matches partial search terms; Edit ID3 tags with full Unicode support.
• Full track overview showing current play point.
• Variable zoom waveforms centered around current needle position.
• Waveform coloring to distinguish different musical features.
• Large on-screen record label, for scratching and beat juggling.
• Visual markers can be set at important cue points, and triggered from the keyboard.
• Large elapsed time and time remaining displays.
• Beat display emphasizes transients in tracks to visually assist with beat matching.
• Tempo display assists with rapid tempo matching of tracks.
• Adjustable gain per song file.
• Latency can be adjusted to match CPU power.
• Assign the same track to both turntables simultaneously.
• Current RPM Indicator: 33 / 45 RPM vinyl selector.
• Single key song loading. Single key deck swapping.
• Drag and drop importing of tracks, no preprocessing required.
• Add whole directories of music files on the fly: tags are read in background, no performance interruptions.
• Scope display for testing signal path quality.
• Low power warning when running off laptop battery.
Scratch LIVE is licensed exclusively to Rane. For product information or tech support please contact email@example.com.
The minimum operating system requirements are either an 800 MHz Mac G4 with OSX 10.3 (Intel Mac compatible), or a 1GHz PC running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, either with 512M of ram or more.
Running natively on Windows XP and Mac OS X, the software has all the features of a modern DJ player, including beat extraction, real time tempo metering, waveform coloring based on spectral content, multiple cue points per track, and full iTunes library integration. Tailored for performance work, tracks are rapidly located via full text search of ID3 tags, or even recorded directly from a microphone, and assigned to turntable control with a single key press.
Which version of Serato SSL hardware is right for me?
|Product Condition||Open Box|