The included 12" vinyl records and control CDs each have Serato's exclusive and unique control signal which allows Scratch Live to track the motion of the record, simulating the same movement with digital audio. Due to Serato's proprietary control scheme, the result is a feel and sound indistinguishable from playing vinyl.
Rane SL3 Enhancements:
• New compact hardware design.
• USB 2.0 high speed audio interface.
• Improved dynamic range (104 dB).
• Improved audio performance (24-bit converters).
• Higher output improves ability to easily match levels of various source types.
• Galvanic isolation prevents computer noise from interfering with audio path.
• Aux Input for Live Mix Recording or LiveFeed.
• Aux Output allows use of the Sample Player as a Virtual Deck.
• Aux Output opens the door for future expansion and creative configurations for DJs and electronic musicians.
• High-grade phono preamps upgrade the performance of most mixers.
• Software switchable Direct Thru connections for simplicity.
• Independent Line / Phono-level selection for each input for greater flexibility.
• Includes international power supply to insure optimum performance and easy transfer between DJs.
• Soft carry case included.
• A DJ mixer with at least 2 channels
• At least one turntable or CD player
• Computer with available USB 2.0 port
• Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
• Hard drive space for storing music
• 1 GB RAM
• Pentium 4 / 1.5 GHz
• Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, or Vista with Service Pack 1 or higher.
• Note that we recommend Windows XP over Vista for performance reasons. By using XP, you can have a lower latency (for a better vinyl feel) and better performance in general.
• Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
• G4 / 1 GHz
Please note: this is the minimum requirement to run Scratch Live. We recommend you use a higher spec computer, and particularly if you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
What's In The Box?
The Rane SL 3 is only sold as part of a complete package. This package includes:
• 1 SL 3 Interface
• 1 Soft Carry Case
• 1 Serato Scratch Live Software Install Disc.
• 1 External Universal Power Supply with Country Adaptors.
• 1 USB Cable
• 4 Stereo RCA Cables
• 2 Control CDs
• 2 Control Vinyl Records
• 4 Rubber Feet for the SL 3
• 1 Quick Start Guide
• 1 Operators Manual
• 1 Warranty Card
Which version of Serato SSL hardware is right for me?