The Reloop Studio Keyfadr combines some of the most useful control functions for music production into a compact and versatile DAW controller for producers and performers using Ableton. Aside from its extremely compact dimensions, which make the controller fit comfortably into almost any laptop bag, the Keyfadr offers users a variety of intuitive possibilities; from being a control station for studio projects through to being a creative tool for a live gig.
The Keyfadr is made up of 25 velocity-sensitive keys, 8 faders, 16 rotary knobs and 8 endless encoders with push function, making this USB MIDI controller an indispensable creative tool.
A unique highlight of the Keyfadr is its ability to help create complex compositions on the fly. The internal arpeggiator can build vivid sequences with flexible quantization possibilities that give subtle nuance to your sound, whilst the chord mode can punch out different combinations at the strike of a single key. Scale mode helps you hit the right key every time by playing the correct tones matched to the chosen scale.
ABLETON LIVE 9 INCLUDED
Ableton Live Lite 9 comes included with Keyfadr, and the controller is ready to plug-and-play once the software is installed; getting you set-up and running in seconds, without having to make your own complicated mappings. Creating a live performance is easy with Keyfadr, as Ableton's live clip view can be set to control all major clip and navigation commands using only the Keyfadr surface. Pressing shift' at any time allows you to set up a second scene, making it easy to switch between performance modes.
The creative DAW-station for Ableton Live: Reloop Keyfadr.
• Combines the most useful functions for music production into one device
• Keyboard: 25 mini keys with 9 playable octaves
• Control section: 8 channel faders with endless encoders (pan), including 2 control knobs, (send/return) and three backlit function buttons (mute, solo, rec)
• Full integration and easy plug and play for Ableton Live 9
• DAW transport controls (play, stop, rec, scene up/down, play/ stop clips, overdub, set marker, marker left/right, cycle, tap, metronome)
• On board arpeggiator with multiple modes and internal/external MIDI clock
• Chord feature: Easily play the most common chords in this versatile mode
• Scale mode: Choose from four different scales and always hit the right key
• Shift button for second layer control and choose between two performance scenes
• Fully USB powered controller requires no external power source
• Other MIDI mappings available as download
• Number of presets: 2
• Note keys: 25 (velocity sensitive)
• Dials: 32
• Inputs/outputs: 1 mini USB port
• Capacity: < 100 mA, 5V DC via USB
• Weight: 920 g
• Dimensions: 320 x 29 x 220 mm
• Incl. Ableton Live 9 Lite (value upgrade opportunity)
Reloop KEYFADR Ableton USB MIDI Performance Keyboard/Workstation Reviews