Premium Components and Circuitry
Ready to experience the best of the best? The DS-8 is equipped with top-quality, carefully selected components. Discrete amp circuits and film capacitors are employed for the audio signal path no chemical-type capacitors are used. Analog, digital, and power components are absolutely isolated, ensuring pristine, pure, and low-noise performance. With the DS-8, you'll enjoy a rich, accurate sound field with exceptional stereo imaging and a consistent "flat" frequency response.
With 24-bit/192kHz audio-handling capability, the DS-8 is built for the most demanding and critical nearfield monitoring applications. The DS-8 offers analog (1/4"/XLR) and digital (AES/EBU and S/PDIF) inputs, which enable connectivity to a wide range of digital recording and workstation environments, including Roland's VS-Series and other new-generation devices and formats.
Whether you work in an intimate home studio or the most elaborate commercial facility, Roland has a DS-Series model to fit your size, power, and budget requirement. The top-line DS-8 is a 1" x 8" bi-amped combo, with 120W of pure power. The DS-7 is a 3/4" x 6.5" enclosure with 60W amplification. The DS-5 is a compact 3/4" x 5" design with 45W of power.
Ergonomic, Efficient Design
The newly designed shielded cabinets help eliminate interference from TV, radio, and other electronic devices, allowing the DS-8 to be placed in close proximity to video monitors and computer screens. The power switch is located on the front panel for optimum convenience, and the highly efficient heat-sink power amplifier is fully compatible with IEC60065 safety standards.
• Superb sound quality with precise imaging and balanced energy output.
• 24-bit digital input with sample-rate support for up to 192kHz.
• Analog and digital inputs, including XLR, coaxial, and optical; AES/EBU and S/PDIF compatible.
• Stylish, compact design; fits a variety of mixing environments.
• Improved cabinet with bi-amp circuit; eliminates phase anomalies.
• Newly designed heat sink and front-panel power switch; fully compliant with IEC60065 safety standards.
• Bass-reflex type
• LF Driver 200 mm (8") Polypropylene cone type magnetically shielded
• HF Driver 25 mm (1") Soft dome type magnetically shielded
• Frequency Response 58 Hz to 24 kHz (+/-3 dB)
• Crossover Frequency 2.3 kHz (active fourth order)
• LF Amplifier Power 80 W
• HF Amplifier Power 40 W
• Input Sensitivity 0 dBu (0.775 Vrms)
• Input Impedance 20 k ohms (Balanced/Unbalanced)
• Format Conformity with AES/EBU and IEC60958
• Sample Rate 32 kHz to 192 kHz (automatically) (de-emphasis: OFF)
• Word Length 24-bit
• D/A Converter 24-bit
• Controls LEVEL
• Knob LF TRIM Knob
• HF TRIM Knob
• INPUT SELECT SW. (Analog In/Digital In)
ASSIGN SW. (Right/L+R/Left)
• DIGITAL INPUT SELECT SW (AES/EBU / Optical / Coaxial)
• Indicators POWER
• Connectors ANALOG INPUT (XLR / 1/4 inch TRS phone type)
• DIGITAL INPUT (XLR)
• DIGITAL INPUT (Optical)
• DIGITAL INPUT (Coaxial)
• DIGITAL THRU OUT (Coaxial)
• Power Supply: AC 117 V, AC 220V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60Hz)
• Power Consumption: 125 W
• Accessories: Owner's Manual, Power Cord
• Size and Weight:
Width 254 mm 10 inches
Depth 367 mm 14-1/2 inches
Height 406 mm 16 inches
• Weight 17.2 kg 37 lbs. 15 oz.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|