The BOSS SYB-3 was the world's first bass synthesizer to be packed into a compact pedal, and it found favor with experimentalists and tone afficiandos alike. Today, the next-generation bass-synth pedal has arrived the SYB-5. Utilizing the latest in DSP technology, the SYB-5 faithfully reproduces the fat and sharp sound characteristics of classic analog synthesizers.
Enhanced Sound With the Latest DSP
All of the 11 internal synth sounds have been markedly refined and enhanced to produce a fatter, more cutting sound than ever. The sounds are built on variations of three oscillator Waves (Saw, Square, Pulse) and filters that modulate according to the envelope and LFO changes you apply. You won't believe how much synth-bass beef can come from such a small pedal.
Enhanced Playability Via External Control
An external pedal input jack has been added to the SYB-5 for connecting an EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately), which allows you to control filter cutoff and LFO rate in real time with your foot. In Modes 1-9 you can use the SYB-5's onboard pedal to hold a note while playing a bass phrase over it. Time for a bass solo? You bet!
* Nominal Input Level -20 dBu
* Input Impedance 1 M ohms
* Nominal Output Level -20 dBu
* Output Impedance 1 k ohms
* Recommended Load Impedance 10 k ohms or greater
* Residual Noise -96 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.); All knobs at center position
* Connectors Input jack, Output A (MONO) jack, Output B jack, EXP jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
* Power Supply DC 9 V: Dry battery / 9 V type (6F22 (carbon), 6LR61 (alkaline)), AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
* Current Draw 50 mA (DC 9 V)
* Accessories Owner's Manual, Mode Label, Dry battery / 9 V type (6LR61)
* Options AC Adaptor (PSA-series), Expression Pedal (Roland EV-5)
Width 73 mm 2-7/8 inches
Depth 129 mm 5-1/8 inches
Height 59 mm 2-3/8 inches
Weight 0.4 kg 1 lbs.
|SKU||SYB-5 COLUMN B|
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Roland SYB 5 Bass Synthesizer, Column B Reviews