• 20-track digital studio with 40GB hard drive, CD-RW drive and plug-in support.
• 18 playback tracks, 320 V-Tracks and stereo mastering track.
• Support for 24-bit and 16-bit recording at 44.1kHz .
• 8 balanced XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power.
• 40-channel digital mixer with channel dynamics and 4-band EQ, onboard effects and mastering tools.
• New Harmony Sequence function adds realistic harmonies to vocals.
• 3rd party plug-in support with optional VS8F-3 Effect Expansion Boards.
• Tracks 17-18 double as stereo Rhythm Track with onboard drum sounds.
• Support for mouse-based editing using optional VS20-VGA and monitor.
• USB 2.0 for hi-speed data transfer, .WAV/AIFF import and .WAV export.
• V-LINK video control support*
• *V-LINK requires Edirol DV-7PR with software version 1.50 or higher (sold separately).
Professional Recording at a Great Price
The VS-2000CD offers CD-quality recording at a choice of 16 or 24 bits. When in 16-bit mode, up to eight tracks can be recorded simultaneously with full 18-track playback and a stereo mastering track. Choose the high-quality 24-bit mode, and you get up to 8-track simultaneous recording and 12-track playback. An internal 40GB hard drive provides hours of reliable multitrack recording, while 320 Virtual Tracks give you all the room you need to be creative and "comp" the perfect take.
40-Channel Digital Mixer with XLR Inputs
Whether you want to mic up a drum set or record multiple vocalists, you'll appreciate the VS-2000CD's eight XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power. Want to record a guitar? There's a Hi-Z input as well, plus a S/PDIF digital input. The VS-2000CD's 40-channel digital mixer makes mixing inputs, tracks and effect returns a snap - thanks to 17 faders and dedicated Channel Edit knobs. In addition, there are four knobs for controlling the dynamics and 4-band EQ for any input or track.
Studio-Quality Effects and CD-RW Drive
Right out of the box, the VS-2000CD comes with onboard effects that include essentials like reverb, delay and chorus, plus dynamics processors, EQ and more. You also get access to Roland's coveted COSM(R) effects like guitar amp and mic modeling. When you're ready master, select the Mastering Tool Kit with multi-band compression and burn a CD via the internal CD-RW drive.
Your Choice of 3rd Party Plug-Ins
By installing an optional VS8F-3 Effect Expansion Board (the VS-2000CD has room for two), you can bring the exciting world of plug-ins right to your V-Studio. Every VS8F-3 includes a selection of high-quality Roland plug-ins to get you started, and with optional plug-ins available from a growing list of 3rd party devel-opers - including Antares, IK Multimedia, Massenburg, Universal Audio and others - it's an exciting time to own a V-Studio.
Helpful Tools for Better Recordings
The VS-2000CD comes with several new tools designed to help you make better recordings - and better music. Using the new Harmony Sequence function, vocalists can add instant harmonies to their performance. You can even program drums on Tracks 17-18 using the new Rhythm Track feature. With lots of preset drum sounds included, it's like having a built-in drum machine! handy chromatic tuner is also included so guitarists can tune up before recording.
Graphical Editing Support
By adding the optional VS20-VGA Output Board (with Version 2.0 software), users gain full mouse and monitor support - making the VS-2000CD feel more like using software. Simply connect your VGA monitor and mouse, and you can perform drag-and-drop editing and mix your tracks using a sleek software interface. With a mouse and monitor, you get the best of both worlds: reliable Roland hardware with the speed and flexibility of software.
Do More with USB 2.0
With USB 2.0, you can transfer data between the VS-2000CD and a computer quickly and easily. This new generation of USB offers more than twice the bandwidth of the previous USB standard, making it faster than ever to load audio to and from your V-Studio. Using the bundled conversion software for Mac and PC, you can transfer V-Studio files to your computer desktop, where they can be converted to .WAV or AIFF format. Or simply use the built-in CD-RW drive to load and convert .WAV/AIFF files, or convert V-Studio files to .WAV format for export.
V-LINK for Audio/Visual
Thanks to Roland's V-LINK technology, you can easily integrate video material with your music. Just connect an optional Edirol video editor, and you can trigger clips or create effects like transitions and dissolves using the VS-2000CD's faders.
• Size and weight:
Width 466 mm 18-3/8 inches
Depth 369 mm 14-9/16 inches
Height 118 mm 4-11/16 inches
Weight 6.7 kg 14 lbs. 13 oz.
• Tracks: 18 + 2 Master Tracks
V-Tracks: 320 (16 V-Tracks per each Track)
• Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
• Recording Mode: Linear 24 bits (M24)
Linear 16 bits (M16)
CD Writing (CDR) (*)
(*) Master tracks only
• Maximum Simultaneous Recording/Playback Tracks: 8 tr. Rec / 18 tr. Play (M16)
8 tr. Rec / 12 tr. Play (M24)
*Depending on the organization of the song data, the disk drive performance, etc., the number of tracks that can be simultaneously recorded or played back may be limited.
• Internal Hard Disk Drive Capacity: 40 G bytes
• Recording Time: (10 GB Partition, calculated for 1 track) 1,340 min. (M24)
2,020 min. (M16)
* The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may varies slightly depending on the specifications of the disk drive and the number of songs that were created.
* Maximum recording time of VS-2000CD is approximately 4 times of above recording time.(approximately 10 GB x 4 partitions)
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (+0dB/-2dB)
• Projects: 200 projects in each partition
• Marker: 1000 per project
• Locator: 96 (16 x 6 banks) per project
• Scene: 96 (16 x 6 banks) per project
• Undo/Redo: 999 Undo / 1 Redo
• Nominal Input Level (variable) Input 1-8: -50- +14 dBu
(maximum +26 dBu: balanced, maximum +20 dBu: unbalanced)
Guitar (Hi-Z): -50- +14 dBu (maximum +20 dBu)
• Input Impedance Input 1-8 : 32 k ohms (balanced)
Guitar (Hi-Z) : 1 M ohms
• Nominal Output Level Master Out: +4 dBu (balanced)
AUX (L, R): 0 dBu (unbalanced)
Monitor Out: 0 dBu (unbalanced)
• Output Impedance Master Out: 600 ohms
AUX (L, R): 300 ohms
Monitor Out: 300 ohms
Phones: 22 ohms
• Recommended Load Impedance Master Out: 10 k ohms or greater
AUX (L, R): 10 k ohms or greater
Monitor Out: 10 k ohms or greater
Phones: 32 ohms
• Residual Noise Level (INPUT SENS: LINE, IHF-A, typ.) Master Out: -86 dBu or less
AUX: -86 dBu or less
Monitor Out: -86 dBu or less
• EQ: 4-band (2 shelving + 2 peaking)
• Dynamics Processor: Compressor, Expander
Effects Maximum 6 stereo (One pre-installed + 2 more optional Effect Expansion Boards)
• Display: 320 x 240 dots Graphic LCD (with backlit)
• Interface: Digital I/O: Coaxial (conforms to IEC60958)
MIDI: 5-pin DIN
USB: USB2.0 Mass Storage
• Hard Disk Drive 3.5-inch, 40 GB
• CD-RW Drive:
Reading Speed: 24x (max.)
Recording Speed: Supports 4x speed writing (CD-R)
Supports 4x speed rewriting (CD-RW)
MIDI Connectors (5-pin DIN type)
|New - On Clearance|