It is the perfect solution for wireless mics... you'll be able to move freely without worrying about feedback. Patch it in your monitors and they'll be so loud you may have to turn them down.
Sabine Single-Channel FBX-SOLO 820 series
Kill Feedback Automatically and Get More Power to Your Speakers!
New: Now 20-bit with 8 FBX Filters!
Automatic feedback control that gives you an amazing 6 to 9 dB increase in gain - that's like increasing your amp power 800%!
New features of the SOLOs include increased headroom, a programmable noise gate, & switchable input/output levels for more versatility.
Like all the FBX Feedback Exterminators, the FBX-SOLO does what no other audio product can do: it automatically detects and eliminates feedback while leaving the sound crystal clear. The patented algorithm distinguishes music from feedback so it works even during the program, not just at setup time.
If you use your 31-band EQ just to shape your sound and let your FBX control feedback, you should expect up to 9 dB more gain and a dramatic improvement in the sound quality. Why? When you pull down a graphic EQ slider to chase feedback, you also pull out a big chunk of your sound. FBX constant-Q filters are 10 times narrower than graphic EQ filters. Narrow filters mean more gain and more clarity. It's that simple.
HOW IT WORKS:
Precisely detects feedback frequency
Places super-narrow (1/10 octave) digital filter directly on feedback
Sets filter just deep enough to remove feedback
WHAT YOU GET
• More gain... for the first time you'll have to turn down the monitors!
• Increased clarity and intelligibility... narrow filters get the feedback and leave your sound untouched
• Automatic feedback control... in setup and during the performance
• Targeted feedback control -- aim the FBX where you need it most!
• For mics w/XLR connectors
• Balanced microphones
• Switchable phantom power
• Switchable filter widths: 1/10 or 1/5 octave
The FBX-SOLO is the perfect solution for wireless mics -- you'll be able to move freely without worrying about feedback. Patch it in your monitors and they'll be so loud you may have to turn them down. Get the volume you want with your acoustic/electric instrument or harmonica mic and keep that rich tone. And the built-in noise gate provides the control you need in multi-mic locations like conference rooms and courthouses. Wherever you have an open microphone, the FBX is the most effective and least expensive way to make a dramatic improvement in your sound system.
The FBX-SOLO targets feedback without taking a big chunk out of your sound. Digital FBX filters are 10 times narrower than graphic EQ filters. You get back over 90% of the power you lose with a graphic EQ!
FBX-SOLO ENGINEERING SPECIFICATIONS
• Eight independent digital notch filters controlled automatically from 40Hz to 20 KHz
• Filter width: 1/10 octave, typical, or 1/5-oct. selectable, constant "Q"*
• Filter depth: DSP controlled, variable to -40dB
• Resolution: 1/50 octave
• Time required to find and eliminate feedback: 0.4 seconds, typical @ 1KHz
• Total number of combined filters active: User selectable, from 1 to 8
• Number of Dynamic vs. Fixed filters: User selectable
• Last configuration stored in memory
INPUT/OUTPUT - SM-820 ONLY
• I/O Connectors: XLR-3 PIN 2 high balanced
• Input Impedance: 1 K Ohm nominal
• Output Impedance: Unbalanced 10 Ohms nominal; Maximum load 2K Ohms
• Maximum Input/Output Level at lowest gain: -10 dBV**
• Gain Range: -15 to +20dB (at high output)
• Input to Output Gain @ unity setting: +/- 0.5 dBV
• Bypass: Digital
• EIN: -105dBm @ 150 Ohms, 20Hz-17KHz or better
• Phantom Power: 48V switch selectable
• Frequency Response: < +0.25 dB, 20Hz to 20 KHz
• SNR: >94 dB typical
• THD: <0.01% @ 1KHz @ +15 dBV
• Dynamic Range: >100dB
• Attack Time: Fixed (400 mS)
• Threshold: Selectable (-24, -36, -48, -60 dB)
• 8-20VDC @ 400 mA
• 1-U height, 1/6-RU width; 2.78 x 1.65 x 5.5 in. • (6.95 x 4.13 x 13.75 cm)
• 9.0 oz. (0.26 kg)
• SL6RACK Rack Tray (holds up to six units)
*Below approximately 200 Hz the feedback filters become slightly wider to increase the feedback and rumble capture speed at these low frequencies.
** (Note: Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced. For maximum output capability, outputs must be balanced (XLR). If either side of an input is grounded, the peak output and dynamic range will be reduced by 6 dB.
*** Tests performed using an Audio Precision System One model 322 or equal.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|