The Shure Model 515BSLX is a dynamic (moving coil), low-impedance, cardioid (unidirectional) microphone designed for mounting on a gooseneck or fixed pipe with a 5/8 in.-27 thread. The cardioid pickup pattern provides excellent voice reproduction with effective rejection of feedback and background noise.
The 515BSLX is especially suitable for use in communications, paging, and talkback systems. The microphone is supplied with a slide switch controlling the microphone audio and a relay circuit, permitting hands-free operation. The microphone comes with a 1.8 m (6 ft) four-conductor, two conductors shielded, bare-ended cable. Attaches to gooseneck (not included) if desired.
• Rolled-off low-frequency response combined with a smooth high-frequency rise for clear and intelligible voice pickup
• Symmetrical cardioid pickup pattern minimizes feedback
• Shock-mounted cartridge for quiet operation and low stand/handling noise
• Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio
• Heavy-duty zinc, die-cast, locking, metal grille protects cartridge and resists wear
• Built-in slide switch controls both microphone circuit and relay or control circuit
• Backed by the Shure 2-years warranty
Impedance: 150 rated (180 actual)
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on the RED lead with respect to the BLACK lead
Switch: Built-in, double-pole double-throw slide switch. Lockplate to lock switch ON
Shock Mount: Internal rubber vibration isolator
Cable: 1.8 m (6 ft) cable with effective hum shielding, four conductors (two shielded), plastic jacketed
Case: Black finish die casting with black enamel diecast grille and stainless steel screen
Shure 515BSLX Cardioid Handheld Microphone for Paging Reviews