* A tight cardioid polar pattern
* Transformerless Class-A preamplifier circuitry design
* Outstanding transparency without crossover distortion
* An extended frequency response (20Hz to 20KHz)
* Natural reproduction of sound with a smooth high-end and a tight/controlled low-end
* Switchable -15dB Pad allows the input of a wider range of SPL sources
Some typical applications for the KSM109 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM109 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
* Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
* Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
* Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
* Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
* Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|New - On Clearance|