So you finally plunked down the cash on that slick digital multitrack gear, huh? Congratulations, now your dreams of making recordings with a professional sound seem within your grasp at last... Not so fast, though! You forgot the most important component - the microphone.
Without a good studio mic, you might as well still be recording with that cheap gear in your closet. Seriously, any audio professional will tell you that the mic is the most important link in the chain. And despite what some others may say, "fixing it in the mix" rarely, if ever, happens. The truth is that deficiencies in the track from the start cannot be fully repaired later. It isn't an accident that your favorite singer sounds so good on their recordings; there was a good mic in front of them.
Enter the new Shure KSM27 and the revolution of affordable digital multitrack recording is now yours! A condenser mic with a large diaphragm, this mic is a workhorse. Primarily designed for vocals, you will be equally at ease recording acoustic guitars, horns, exotic instruments, and just about anything else your mix craves. Plus, because its diaphragm is tough enough to handle high sound pressure levels, you can use it on loud electric guitar amps and even drums for HUGE sounds.
The KSM27 also boasts a natural sound and low self-noise (14dB). The highs sound crisp and smooth, and the lows are deep, but not boomy. And with the '27's cardioid pattern, you can achieve a tight capture of the source without less-than-perfect room acoustics creeping in. Add to all of this Shure's industry-standard reliability, and you can even feel safe carting it to that critical gig where a great-sounding mic was needed onstage with no signal bleed problems.
Maybe you've already looked into one of those famous mics that producers and engineers like to brag about. And how long did the doctor have to keep the smelling salts under your nose after you saw the price? Well, the KSM27 comes with a rubber isolated, external locking shock mount. It's even wrapped in a velveteen pouch to boot.
* Cardioid polar pattern - the most commonly used pattern for both studio and live applications
* 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar diaphragm provides superior transient response
* Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion, while minimizing harmonic and intermodulation distortions
* Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
* Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
* Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
* 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect
* Integrated three-stage 'pop" protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
* Internal shock mount reduces handling and stand noise
* Extended frequency response
* Low self noise
* Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
* High output level
* High input SPL capability
* No crossover distortion
* Extremely uniform polar response
* Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
* ShureLockTM Rubber Isolated Shock Mount
* Protective Velveteen Pouch
Some typical applications for the KSM27 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM27 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
* Voice -- solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
* Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
* Electric instruments such as guitar and bass
* Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
* Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
* Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
* Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
* Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source, especially with a high resolution microphone like the KSM27. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|