1. Ensure that your turntable is on a level surface and that its platter is level.
2. Place the SFG-2 on your turntable platter so that the turn-table spindle fits into the vee notch of the SFG-2, as pictured above. For better stability, you may instead place the SFG-2 on top of an LP record. Temporarily set anti-skating controls on your turntable or tonearm to zero.
3. Position the sliding weight on the SFG-2 at the tracking force that you would like to set for your tonearm (measured in grams). For forces over 1.50 grams, set the weight to half the desired force.
4. Carefully lower the tonearm and cartridge so that the stylus rests in one of the grooves on the lever arm. If you dialed in the force desired, use the groove labelled "TIMES 1"; If you dialed in half the desired force, use the "TIMES 2" groove, as illustrated below.
5. Carefully lift the stylus out of the groove and adjust your tonearm's counterweight to reduce or increase the tracking force as necessary. Adjust the tracking force until the white pointers, visible in the mirror, are edge to edge.
6. When finished, reset any anti-skate adjustments according to your tonearm or turntable manufacturer's instructions.