The three models differ only in length and color. The champagne-finished SM63 is designed for hand-held use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and television studios. The champagne-finished SM63L and the black-finished SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews, sports broadcasts, and other situations where longer microphones are desirable.
All three models use a patented Shure shock mount system to minimize handling noise. They also include a VERA-FLEX TM grille that protects against damage from a drop of up to 2 meters (6 ft.), and is impervious to dents, rust, corrosion, and moisture. An integral pop filter effectively reduces breath noise. The SM63L and SM63LB include a two-stage windscreen accessory designed for outdoor use. All models are supplied with a stand adapter and zippered storage bag. Cables are available separately.
* High output, low impedance.
* 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility.
* Low-frequency rolloff and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration.
* Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields.
* Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops, and is immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture .
* Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise.
* Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions.
* Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
* Supplied snap-in stand adapter.
* Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television .