The Shure Model SM81 is a high-quality, unidirectional condenser microphone designed for studio recording, broadcasting, and sound reinforcement.
Its wide frequency response, low noise characteristics, and low RF susceptibility have made it a standard for applications involving acoustic instruments, especially guitar, piano, and cymbals.
The SM81 is ruggedly constructed. It operates on phantom power and performs over a wide range of temperatures and humidity conditions. It is furnished with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage. Other accessories are available.
* 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response.
* Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources.
* Low noise and high output clipping level.
* Low distortion over a wide range of load impedance's.
* Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds.
* Low RF susceptibility.
Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave roll off.
* 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch.
* Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc).
* Rugged steel construction for durability.
* Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions.
Shure SM81 LC Cardioid Condenser Mic Reviews