Sony's ECM-MS957 One-Point Stereo Microphone is ideal for the MD Walkman and DAT Walkman Portable Stereos.
Sony's ECM-MS957 One-Point Stereo Microphone is ideal for the MD Walkman and DAT Walkman Portable Stereos. Featuring a One-Point Stereo Design, Mid/Side (MS) Capsules with a Switchable Pickup Angle, a Rotating Mid Capsule, a Cannon XLR Connector, an Oxygen-free Copper (OFC) Litz cord, and a Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo Miniplug, the ECM-MS97 is for the advanced amateur and professional to use for instrumental recording.
• For advanced, amateur and professional use
• Prosumer model for advanced amateur and professional use
• For instrumental recording
• For instrumental recording thanks to Sony's sensitive Electret Condenser microphone design
• One-Point Stereo design
• One-point stereo design -a single mic for stereo recording-is like having two microphones in one
• Mid/Side (MS) capsules with switch-able pickup angle
• Ideal for portable DAT or MD digital recorders with frequency response to 18,000 Hz and 90 dB dynamic range to complement digital recording systems
• Mid/Side (MS) capsules for natural stereo panorama; the Mid capsule picks up monophonic sound while the Side capsule picks up left/right difference sound; subtracting and adding the two capsule signals yield separate Left and Right channels - also permit electronic adjustment of pickup angle
• Mid/Side (MS) switch selects pickup angle between left and right channel; choose 90 for a single voice or instrument or 120 to pick up many voices and instruments, arranged across the stage
• Rotating Mid capsule to adjust the stereo pickup pattern for the widest range of recording situations
• Cannon XLR connector from microphone body to supplied cable for secure, reliable, low-noise connection
• Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) Litz cord for superlative conductivity, minimum loss, minimum noise
• L-shaped stereo mini-plug fits portable recorders
• Supplied accessories include detachable cable, stand, holder, windscreen and carrying case.
• TypeMid-Side Stereo; Electret Condenser Microphone
• DirectivityUni-Directional (stereo); Directive angle 90 or 120 (switch-able)
• Effective Output Level-45.8dBm <+->3dB (0dB=1mW/Pa, 1kHz)
• Open Circuit Output Voltage-42dB <+->3dB (0dB=1mW/Pa, 1kHz)
• Output Impedance600 ohms <+->30%, unbalanced
• Frequency Response50 - 18,000Hz
• Maximum Sound Pressure Level Input115dB SPL (at 1kHz, 1% distortion)
• Dynamic Range90dB
• Cord Length Detachable, OFC Litz Cord; 6.6' (2 m)
• Power Requirements:DC 1.5V from AA Battery (x1)
• Battery LifeApprox.: 2,000 hours with Sony Manganese Battery.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Sony One Point Stereo Microphone Reviews