Cubase SL3 takes music production to a new level by adding more than 50 new features including powerful Audio Warp Realtime Timestretching, an intuitive Play Order Track, new user-definable workspaces, an improved and expanded track inspector plus many new editing functions.
For the first time, a native music production system combines full-featured audio and MIDI recording and editing, virtual instruments and powerful audio mixing with the added flexibility of loop- and pattern-based arranging and mixing. In addition, Cubase SL3 offers the same, outstanding audio quality and full-featured MIDI recording and editing found in Cubase SX3 at an exceptionally low price.
* Audio Warp: Realtime Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting offer extensive new audio editing and processing capabilities, including ACID File support: loops automatically adopt a project's tempo; audio files can follow tempo changes in realtime.
* Intuitive Play Order Track for pattern-based arranging adds a new level of creative music editing. Divide your song into sections, and then re-arrange it on the fly. Compare alternative versions of your song and then convert them back into a linear form for mixdown and mastering.
* User-definable Workspaces (window layouts) help organizing your desktop. Create and save a separate workspace for each step of the production process. Switch Workspaces on the fly, as if working on multiple computers or monitors.
* Extended Freeze function for virtual instruments and audio tracks with added flexibility and improved performance. Freeze virtual instruments with or without insert effects. Then automatically unload the instrument to free up RAM. Freeze audio tracks with insert effects to free up even more CPU performance.
* New part-based Volume Envelopes for direct control of dynamics. Fix level problems on the fly without wasting automation tracks. Then move events with their volume envelopes.
* User-definable Color Coding for tracks and VST mixer channels provides more clarity and better orientation - especially in complex projects.
SL3's Extended Track Inspector now offers direct access to a VST Instrument's audio channel strip directly from the MIDI track inspector. In fact, it puts both the MIDI and audio channel's parameters into one single column making it more accessible and easier to use.
* When a song is transferred between systems, all plug-in and virtual instrument links stay intact even when some of them are missing on another system. A so-called Dummy Plug-in replaces missing plug-ins until the project is opened on the original system and the plug-ins are back in place.
* Ever lost a great idea because you forgot to hit "Record"? With Audio Pre Record this will never happen again! Simply set up the amount of time for pre-recording (up to 10 minutes) and whatever you play within that window will be recorded into any record-enabled track - before you actually hit record.
* A redesigned and overall improved Hitpoint Detection Algorithm now offers more accurate results and easier handling. Choose between presets for different types of audio material or apply Q-points to Hitpoints for more accurate quantization and warping.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Steinberg CUBASE SL3 Music Production Software Reviews