Since its launch in 2001, HALion has been pushing back boundaries in virtual samplers. HALion 3 is no exception: over 50 new features ensure that HALion stays where it always has been: at the forefront of digital audio technology. This latest version expands existing HALion capabilities to new levels of accessibility and flexibility, creating a virtual sampler environment that not only lets your creativity flourish, but lets you work more productive and efficiently than ever before.
Building on the outstanding surround-capable HALion 2.0 sampling engine with support for up to 32-bit floating point files, HALion 3 adds even more new capabilities. A new output routing system allows you to create and configure the audio outputs; only the outputs you need will be routed directly to the host VST mixer. The sleek new user interface is not only easy on the eyes but has been restructured to keep switching between the different HALion 3 views to a minimum.
HALion 3 - most important news
New file browser with drag and drop support, favourites system, sound categorization and database indexing. An impressive set of powerful new sound management tools gives you a clear overview over all your sound files. The intuitive sound categories system lets you group related sounds, making it easy to find them quickly!
Dazzling new Insert and Send Effects section. 27 quality effects encompass just about any effect requirement. They can be applied to individual samples, sample groups or entire programs. Effect sends can be sent to HALion's internal FX section or even directly to the VST mixer to share plug-in resources between the host and HALion.
HALion 3 now offers RAMSave', a new feature created to keep in check the RAM resources needed by even the most extensive sample instruments, resulting in low RAM usage and faster project load and save times, a boon for pro users using large, intricate sampled instruments such as big orchestral patches or large drum kits.
Alternate mode - adds a range of functions, including playing a different sample with each new Note On message, introducing more spontaneity and feeling, especially useful for realistic drum-sounds or string bow up/down action.
Even more file formats - HALion 3 adds support for Kurzweil and Kontakt sounds as well as for the Zero-X BeatCreator and BeatQuantizer Groove-Slice formats. You can find a 15 day limited Demo version of ZeroX BeatQuantizer in the 3rd party Demo folder on the DVD.
Sleek and clean user interface: HALion explains its intuitive GUI with the new and improved ToolTip Help. Presets let you recall frequently used settings for envelopes, modulations and FX. Many views can be opened in separate windows.
These are just some of the reasons why HALion has received a new nickname - the definitive software sampler:
* Up to 32 Bit / 384 kHz file support
* 256 Voices per instance, several instances loadable simultaneously
* 16-way multi-timbral with an individual editor for program selection
* 128 programs per instance, unlimited layers per program
* Full individual parameter set for each sample if required, ideal for drum sounds
* Notch / High Pass / Low Pass / Band Pass 12 dB and 24 dB Filter as well as fantastic sounding * Waldorf filters, and Fatness function for - Overdrive filter sounds
* 2 synchronizable envelopes with up to 32 freely editable points, intuitive handling
* 32-stage STEP envelope as free modulation source and 2 LFOs, syncnronizable to the host application
* Keyzone Editor for quick mapping of keyzones, samples, sample layers and velocity values with drag'n'drop support and several automapping modes
Ultra-flexible internal routing management:
* Up to 256 freely configurable outputs per instance
* 5.1 surround support
* All new realtime FX: Reverb, Phaser, Talkbox, Delays, EQs, BitCrusher, AutoWahWah and much more (27 effects total)
* Insert effects can be applied to individual samples, sample groups or entire programs
* Effects sends can be sent to the HALion internal Send effects or directly to the VST mixer through configurable outputs to share plug-in - Resources between the Host and HALion
Integrated Waveloop Editor with crossfade, snap to zero, loop, release loop, loop tuning settings
* Total recall: all samples are saved with your song, including the respective settings
* Sample-accurate timing and automation thanks to perfect VST integration
* Archive function, transfer of entire projects to other computers with zero hassle
* RAMSave' technology offers lower RAM needs, speeding project loading and saving
* 'Import formats: AKAI, E-MU, Roland, Kurzweil, GIGA, Kontakt, EXS24, SF2, LM4, LM4 MkII, REX, ZeroX BeatCreator, WAV, AIF, SD II (Mac only), ISO & Nero Disc Image, Toast CD-Image
* Supports VST, DXi and AU formats